Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
Silly all around. The real news here is not Apple related, it's foreign relations related. If the Chinese government is endorsing any cyber hacking on any US company, it should be seen as a threat and policies should be tightened. Plenty of other countries to go to for production.

Ahhh..but, if it was all this easy... hard to bite the hand that feeds you.

knightlie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Mac's are unhackable they say. Mac's don't break they say. Windows computers are the only one to get hacked they say.

The weakness is Java, not OS X. But then you don't really care, do you?

If it weren't for Minecraft I would have deleted Java long ago, it's not worth the risk any more.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
Why are we running POS Java on the most secure operating system in the world anymore? Apple needs to take a stand and say they are going to remove Java from OS X by 2015 and software developers need to rewrite their software. Java software runs like ***** anyway.

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
Any user who thinks any computer is un-hackable or immune to viruses is a fool. Period.

There's foolish Mac users, foolish Windows users, etc, etc.

Less prone to these incidents is another story...

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I'm guessing its the latter. China plays by its own rules.

Yet, they own us now. The largest nation by population, and one of the most powerful by markets and debts owned.

God I miss the 90's, times seemed, simpler. (and yes, I realize many policies of the 90's lead us to this situation, but it seems many more from the 2000's have pushed us over the fiscal cliff, so to speak)

Dorje Sylas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Why are we running POS Java on the most secure operating system in the world anymore? Apple needs to take a stand and say they are going to remove Java from OS X by 2015 and software developers need to rewrite their software. Java software runs like ***** anyway.

They did, they said if YOU want to use Java on you have to get it from Oracle. It now takes the status as any questional 3rd Party code YOU choose to run. It's no longer installed by default, just like Flash.

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
They won't touch Google since Google gives them Android for free and boosts their economy while destroying Americas'. Skip the Korean, Chinese, and Taiwanese products and buy American Google sheep!

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Yet, they own us now. The largest nation by population, and one of the most powerful by markets and debts owned.

God I miss the 90's, times seemed, simpler. (and yes, I realize many policies of the 90's lead us to this situation, but it seems many more from the 2000's have pushed us over the fiscal cliff, so to speak)

Well,technically they don't really own the US,the US is by far much more powerful in military and in global sphere (much more allies whereas China has NK :confused:),but then today war is not that easy between two big nuclear armed nations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.