Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Coming from a 15 year ex customer of Sprint, Sprint voice service is good but data was the reason I left 10 months ago. Yes they are building their towers to support LTE but they are also doing it very slowly and even people who are blessed enough to have LTE towers in their area are getting spotty coverage.

Check on the BAW or Sprint Users forums where customers are posting their reviews....
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless

http://www.sprintusers.com

The iPhone 5 with Sprint is being sold on craigslist amost $75 - $100 less in my area because customers are unhappy here in the bay area. Now I know people in Chicago with Sprint and they are happy with coverage although they dont have the iPhone.

I would say get opinions of Chicago iPhone users and see what they say before going to Sprint. Also know if you get Sprint the insurance on an iphone it is $11 bucks a month...higher than Verizon by almost 3 bucks a month

I moved to Verizon and I am super happy - coverage everywhere I have been and great LTE speeds.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Well, they transferred over to Sprint last night. My brother for some reason went with the Galaxy SIII but my sister-in-law went with the iPhone 5. Talking to them last night sounded clear and his speedtest speeds at his house were 24 Mbps down and 9 MBps up...pretty good.

Thanks everyone for your opinions.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
If sprint has lte where you are go with them, if not, verizon.

AT&FEE is a joke and tmobile is an unfunny joke

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
Verizon! Works like a charm! Pretty pricey but its worth it! LTE is great in my location (Chicago)

Was a sprint user years back, didnt like the customer service, which caused me to switch to verizon.
Its not about the carrier, it's where you live.

Here, T-Mobile is kicking Verizon and AT&Ts behinds all over. Right now, I have .01Mbps on AT&T and 21Mbps on T-Mobile. I quit Verizon in January due to dropped calls and no data.

Jungle Jack

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Hello,
I was in St. Petersburg today where Sprint's LTE is up and got 25.29Mpbs Download and 10.95 Mbps upload. Ping was 120ms.
I am posting the screenshot here as well.

Once the Softbank Merger goes through, I really think Sprint is going to be on par with VZN and AT&T.
Cheers,
JJ

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    439.1 KB · Views: 54

Jungle Jack

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Coming from a 15 year ex customer of Sprint, Sprint voice service is good but data was the reason I left 10 months ago. Yes they are building their towers to support LTE but they are also doing it very slowly and even people who are blessed enough to have LTE towers in their area are getting spotty coverage.

Check on the BAW or Sprint Users forums where customers are posting their reviews....
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless

http://www.sprintusers.com

The iPhone 5 with Sprint is being sold on craigslist amost $75 - $100 less in my area because customers are unhappy here in the bay area. Now I know people in Chicago with Sprint and they are happy with coverage although they dont have the iPhone.

I would say get opinions of Chicago iPhone users and see what they say before going to Sprint. Also know if you get Sprint the insurance on an iphone it is $11 bucks a month...higher than Verizon by almost 3 bucks a month

I moved to Verizon and I am super happy - coverage everywhere I have been and great LTE speeds.

Hello,
Can you now get Asurion Insurance for the iPhone from Sprint? At least up to a few months ago, the only option was AppleCare+
Cheers,
JJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.