Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
why are you against jailbreak? I missed your whole point in the above tirade

Probably not my place to speak for the poster you quoted, but my reading of the post was to point out some of the shortcomings related to jailbreaking.

I didn't get the idea the poster was AGAINST JB, just pointing out problems that it can cause.

JB if you wish...but don't be surprised when some problems occur.:D

FresA

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
What about the No-Wifi bug???
No one seems to mention it, but it's real.
Google "iPhone 4s no wifi 6.1" time period last 24hrs/past week and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyone else having this problem?

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
What a life. Update comes out to fix real bugs, add features, plug security holes, and the jailbreak crowd has to sit back and wait to see if it breaks their hack. And if it does they are stuck in a time warp, their platform is arrested at the version the jailbreak works with, waiting for the hackers to fix their hack if it's even possible. Lather, rinse, repeat. How long did the iOS untethered jailbreak take to release? How many months after iOS 6 came out? What a life, just so you can beat your chest and tell everybody how YOU can do anything you want with your iDevice. Impressive.:confused:

My JB iphone 5 and iPad works Great! I have NO reasons to update this patch. In fact I don’t really believe iOS 7 will bring anything worth giving up the JB iOS 6 for. But we will have to see. If Apple does give me a way to theme my OS I wouldn’t bother with the JB. I just love the app switcher mods as well as the barrel roll thing. My phone feels liberated since the JB came out and I couldn’t be happier.
It’s not the misery you make it out to be or 7 Million devices wouldn’t have been JB.
I'm learning as I go and loving it. Even when something goes wrong and I have to remove something. I just hope they update the fold lock screen thing for ipads. I had it working then updated and it sopped. Oh well! That’s life in the underworld. :D

FresA

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
OUR WIFI IS BACK!! (iPhone 4s'es)

And still no solution for Wifi and bluetooth problem for iPhone 4S users!
Thank you Apple (sarcastic)!

I had the SAME problem, bro
wondered about the same thing, updated it (to give it a try) and it's back on.
Hope it works on yours too.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Just to get back to all the "jailbreak-haters", 6.1.2 is still exploitable. evasi0n v1.4 will be released soon to support it. :)

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
Probably not my place to speak for the poster you quoted, but my reading of the post was to point out some of the shortcomings related to jailbreaking.

I didn't get the idea the poster was AGAINST JB, just pointing out problems that it can cause.

JB if you wish...but don't be surprised when some problems occur.:D

...well, if that's the point they were making, it was a bit dramatic. Sure if you JB you have to maybe stay on a *gasp* older version of the OS until the devs catch up... but according to the 3-4 MILLION people who have downloaded the latest JB so far, it seems like a small price to pay for the added benefits.

What do I know, I have never JB'd anything...

TV21

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007
Arlington, VA, USA
The update put my phone into recovery mode

I have an iPhone 4S. Done the OTA updates many times before with no issues. Full battery and connecting via wifi

For some reason, when I went back to the phone it was non-responsive. I plugged it into power and showed the "connect to itunes" message on the screen and when I connected it to a PC it says the phone is in recovery mode.

I know I can recover, but its a weird bug. The phone has been fine prior to the release.

MediaMind

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
I had the SAME problem, bro
wondered about the same thing, updated it (to give it a try) and it's back on.
Hope it works on yours too.

NOPE, still anything... My wifi and bluetooth are still pretty much DEAD!
After everything I have try they left me with nothing except to pray (and I'm atheist :-D)!

Once more... Thank you APPLE (again sarcastic)!

Ankit S.

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2007
What a life. Update comes out to fix real bugs, add features, plug security holes, and the jailbreak crowd has to sit back and wait to see if it breaks their hack. And if it does they are stuck in a time warp, their platform is arrested at the version the jailbreak works with, waiting for the hackers to fix their hack if it's even possible. Lather, rinse, repeat. How long did the iOS untethered jailbreak take to release? How many months after iOS 6 came out? What a life, just so you can beat your chest and tell everybody how YOU can do anything you want with your iDevice. Impressive.:confused:

Spoken like someone who hasn't used a jailbroken iPhone before. People aren't idiots, there's obviously something about the jailbreak that makes it worth dealing with the hassle.

Cydia is fantastic and so are the apps contained within it. But enjoy staying ignorant, I guess. It's hilarious how it bothers you so much what other people do with THEIR phone.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
Nice work, Apple. Totally rush an update and brick a thousand dollars worth of electronics equipment I rely on for my job.

Apple wouldn't release the update if it 'bricked' devices.

Also, you can't 'brick' an iOS device, just do a DFU restore.

If you want one more point - it's not Apple's fault you dived in and updated not one but TWO devices you rely on for your job on the release night of the update!!

Blackforge

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
People keeping on stating: "This wouldn't happen under Jobs."

Well folks, similar problems had occurred under Jobs, so none of this is new.

I had a 100 hour work week when iOS 4.0 was released due to a polling bug with ActiveSync (polled way too often without letting the previous poll timeout). You had to get users to install a special profile to each device to change the timeout before they even released a software update.

There have previously been other meeting request related bugs in iOS since ActiveSync support was originally released as well.

Android has had serious ActiveSync problems and meetings bugs in the past as well, so it really hasn't been any better.

So please, your rose-colored glasses can be removed now. Thanks.

PinoyAko

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
Is this really going to fix the problem? Any updates from the people who have applied the update?

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Forced into Recovery Mode

It's also jammed up my phone -- it forced it into Recovery mode -- and now the Recovery process won't work.

Anyone else?

I have an October 2011 iPhone 4S

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond

One of the biggest reasons I will never jailbreak. So much more work than it's worth....besides the fact that everything I need is in the app store. I love this post!

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
evasi0n jailbreak v1.4 for iOS 6.1.2 has been released already: http://www.evasi0n.com

All is working well with 6.1.2 and the jailbreak (did a restore and then restored from backup).

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Hopefully this finally solves the Exchange issues. It's a bit annoying that AT&T continues to block OTA updates. This was all of 12.8MB. Fortunately I have a Sprint Mi-Fi.

AT&T doesn't block updates...

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
Chrome seems Snappier!

on 6.1.1 :D

timeline.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.