Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
far better than the camera on the IP4 or older phones, but I think so far the 4S had the best camera. I keep getting washed out photos on my black IP5 with no case?

Went to a furniture store and noticed after taking a photo of a green couch and it is gray when I download the photo onto my MBP kinda pissing me off as I need to compare furniture and colors to paint.

Anyone else had a similar issue and what can you do to fix it?

I have tried in all sorts of lighting and different stores, but I notice a lot of colors show up as gray when I view them on the MBP or MBA so I know it is the phone.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
My 5 takes better pictures then the 4S. Did you take the plastic covering off the back?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I don't know if it's because the iPhone 5 is much lighter but I can't seem to take a photo that isn't blurry due to shake. I have to rely on the HDR to get a stable photo.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
far better than the camera on the IP4 or older phones, but I think so far the 4S had the best camera. I keep getting washed out photos on my black IP5 with no case?

Went to a furniture store and noticed after taking a photo of a green couch and it is gray when I download the photo onto my MBP kinda pissing me off as I need to compare furniture and colors to paint.

I have tried in all sorts of lighting and different stores, but I notice a lot of colors show up as gray when I view them on the MBP or MBA so I know it is the phone.

I5 camera in my case is better then the 4S...and much better in low light aswell...maybe you have a defective iPhone?

pnyc

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
As others have already stated the camera quality is not that different with the exception of better low light performance on the i5. I have no problems with colors on my i5, color reproductions seems fair, definitely not as bad as what you seem to be experiencing. Your phone might be defective.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio

I think the 3GS camera is better :rolleyes:

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
It's not leaps and bounds better than the 4S, but my 5 takes better photos. Incremental improvement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.