Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
hello,
I just noticed a folder titled MS Office 2011 (Others)-it has MS Query,Database Utility,Reminders and Solver-what are these ? Can I delete them ?

Do we need silverlight on mac ?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I will assume you have MS Office 2011 installed on your computer. No I would not delete them. Some of them are require by the MS programs ie. Word, Excel, PP, etc. Some you could possibly delete but I do not know which ones exactly. Hopefully someone comes along that can tell you which is which. In the meantime post a complete list of all apps in folder.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
I will assume you have MS Office 2011 installed on your computer. No I would not delete them. Some of them are require by the MS programs ie. Word, Excel, PP, etc. Some you could possibly delete but I do not know which ones exactly. Hopefully someone comes along that can tell you which is which. In the meantime post a complete list of all apps in folder.

Yep,I have written Office 2011,just these 4 apps in the folder,I just noticed today this folder,it was not there before,just after the latest update MS rolled out.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Yep,I have written Office 2011,just these 4 apps in the folder,I just noticed today this folder,it was not there before,just after the latest update MS rolled out.

They are helper applications for elements of the Office suite and are needed components.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.