Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moesess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
I have a new 15 inch MBP, i have removed my disk drive and placed a SSD inside. i want to use my SSD as my boot drive and my hard drive that came with my CPU as my storage drive. I use FCPX and cannot figure out how to get my files to save to the Storage drive, even with the master files residing there. Can Adobe Premire or FCP7 do this? it seems that FCPX only will save things to the boot drive or to a external drive? thanks in advance for the help. i have been looking for a good solution for weeks

Thuc5dides

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
Both FCP7 and PPro allow user management of files. I can't offer a solution for X as i dont use it but have heard this is a problem.

moesess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
thanks, im new to editing and learned on FCPX sadly, which would u recommend FCP7 or PP? i know PP is still being updated while FCP7 is not

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
What HDD did your MBP ship with? You want the drive that stores your footage, render files, etc., to be fast so I wouldn't suggest using your MBP's drive as an external if it is only a 5400 RPM drive.

moesess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
It is the stock 1. It's technically not a external since its still inside the CPU case. I do eventually plan on upgrading it. any thoughts on fcp7 vs pp cs6?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.