Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Winter starts December 21... I expect it to be in stores before that day. ;)

Unless your in Ireland and winter starts much sooner :p

Our seasons are organised around our particular four quarter days (each one beginning at sunset on the eve of the quarter day and ending with that day's sunset):

31st October to 1st November ... Samhain (start of the New Year and Winter)
31st January to 1st February .... Imbolc (start of Spring)
30th April to 1st May .... Bealtinne (start of Summer)
31st July to 1st August ... Lughnasa (Start of Autumn)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I live in Brazil, and the only seasons we have here are Summer (hot) and winFern (hotter )... :D

Sounds like where I'm from, we know only one season: GAT DAMN HOTTT! I only got to know this thing called snow when I moved to New York but back home Ice cubes instantly turns to water as soon as its out the freezer.

Along with the PS4 I'm hoping for some Vita love.

Bless

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I'm at the streaming site now watching the number of viewers climb. It is in the upper 130k mark now, and it looks like there may be a limit of 1.3 million viewers. Wonder what happens when it hits that.

*edit: It must be a scaling upper cap now that I watch it. As the viewers jump up faster, the upper limit increased as well.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I think it looks amazing so far. 8gb ram, secondary processor for background downloads and updates, gaikai try games on store instantly, seriously impressive stuff.

Yay remote play properly supported too! God this is good :) spoke too soon "our goal is to support all PS4 titles with remote play", which clearly means at moment they don't..

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
As silly as it may sound, the deciding factor for me may just be whether this or the new xbox is quieter.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Backward compatibility is a worry. If I'm understanding it correctly then it doesn't run PS3 games, rather these would essentially be a streaming video. If that's at, say, 1 Mb/s then that's 450 MB per hour. With a lot of people in this part of the world still paying around $2 per GB, a decent PS3 RPG would cost $50 in data costs, on top of whatever it costs to license the game in the first place.

This may take off in the US but I question how well it'll work here.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
^No. Steam is successful. I doubt there will be physical media. Optical really is too outdated/slow, shipping USB3.0 flashdrives...highly unlikely, I'd hate to keep breaking them as I do anyway.

Maybe return of the proprietary media! Oh Sony you would!

My bet is all download. Yay for Datacaps!
;-)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ps3 backwards compatability not supported because no physical media ????

Seriously its the elephant in the room here. No mention and we've shown the store, the instant try and the play as your downloading content....

It's certainly looking bad for discs :( I pray not but elephant in the room!!!

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
imagejge.jpg

imageuch.jpg

I don't think they'll show the console today, but we have confirmation that prototype pad was real. And the PS Eye has been redesigned it would seem...

:apple:

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm watching the steam right now. Well, I'm watching some of the stream with no sound, and the buffering circle the rest of the time. I know it has nothing to do with the PSN cloud services, but still I can't help but be sceptical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.