Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I just updated to 6.1.2 yesterday. In the messages app, for both iMessages and texts, I see a small dot to the very left of the input bar, right next to the cursor. I don't see this on my ipad... Just wondering if anyone else has this on their iPhone 5 as well? It doesn't bother me, Im just curious, but I could've sworn I've never seen that before the update.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 342

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Do not have this either. It must have some to do with your jailbreak.

That's what I'm thinking. I was looking at the screenshot and at first couldn't figure out what (besides the black dot) was wrong with the image... couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realized the system font has been changed.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks everyone for your responses. It looks like its only present in "Messages" and no other apps. How weird.
Do not have this either. It must have some to do with your jailbreak.
That's what I'm thinking. I was looking at the screenshot and at first couldn't figure out what (besides the black dot) was wrong with the image... couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realized the system font has been changed.
Good eye! I agree, it must have something to do with the latest evasi0n JB. Maybe the folks in the JB subforums will know where it came from.
Poor guy. Looks like a dead pixel.
That's actually what I thought it was at first, but then I noticed it wasn't present in any other apps, AND a dead pixel wouldn't show up in a screenshot. Oh, and it stays in the input box when the keyboard is minimized.

Last edited:

TheMaddawg

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
If I were you I'd be more concerned about that red circle on your screen... :eek: lol jk

Mine does not have this either

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Hmm seeing its in your text box I try going back to your stock font. It may be the Neutra face (looks like what you have) I've had issues with that font on mine in the past but on a iPhone 4.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hmm seeing its in your text box I try going back to your stock font. It may be the Neutra face (looks like what you have) I've had issues with that font on mine in the past but on a iPhone 4.

Actually, the dot disappeared on its own just a few minutes ago. Go figure... I was having a lengthy iMessage conversation with a buddy, and halfway through, the dot magically disappeared! So... problem solved, it seems. :D

Oh and yep, it's NeutraFace. :)

Spidder

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2012
Had that dot too. I tought it was a softwarebug, so I reinstalled all the tweaks and that helped. But I had no fonts installed, so it must have been something else.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
A screen capture isn't going to show a dead pixel. It's not a photo of the screen itself. It's the image that should be on the screen! :cool:

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Had that dot too. I tought it was a softwarebug, so I reinstalled all the tweaks and that helped. But I had no fonts installed, so it must have been something else.

Interesting... I didn't change/remove/reinstall any tweaks, but the dot actually resolved by itself earlier today after I sent/received a few messages.

But so far it seems that no one but JB'ers see this dot, so it must be related to that somehow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.