Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Messi's new Adidas 'Smart' boots can track speed, distance & more, as well as transmit the data wirelessly

But can they do it on a wet and windy night in Stoke?

Brilliant! :D

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Nothing new, really. Anyone remember the micropacer from the 80s? They even re-invented the lacing-system....:rolleyes: Tru Blade Runners! Hadn't had them myself though.

adidas_micropacer_1.jpg

BTW What do you people on here think about the HawkEye, which was confirmed for Brazil 2014?? Presentation gave a nice opportunity for mentioning GER - ENG 2010 again. :D Was this a big story on The Island back then?

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
mmm 5 points clear and a game in hand doesn't seem like very much all of a sudden.:eek:
Last game of the season – Hull City vs Cardiff City at the KC.

Title decider. :cool:

Edit: just to be honest here: I improved my limited soccer skills vastly by wearing a nice pair of soccer shoes. minimum 100%. giving great confidence and adding a bit of flair onto the pitch too. :D
i have a little thingy goin' on with my shoes though.
I've worked out that my five-a-side failings are 100% down to my boots. The problem with them is that they have my feet in them. :eek:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I think goal line technology is something that is probably inevitable. It will be interesting to see just how its introduction affects the game.

Last game of the season – Hull City vs Cardiff City at the KC.

Title decider. :cool:

Hull City could be the nail in the coffin...

Last edited:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Milan do a professional italian job on Barca at the San Siro. Incredible team performance. Portsmouth 2 - 0 Barcelona

And they expose Barca's weakness...over reliance on Messi. Hope Wenger/Arsenal are taking notes, thats how you play at the top level. With hunger, discipline and fight.

I'm actually starting to think Barca and Real have no chance now. It'll be either Dortmund, Bayern or a bogey team like Milan.

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
^ Milan is giving Barca actually always a tough time - last 4-5 matches at least. Don't ask me why, though. Hope it pays off for Milan this time in the end.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I'm actually starting to think Barca and Real have no chance now. It'll be either Dortmund, Bayern or a bogey team like Milan.

I have no interest in seeing Berlusconi's Milan going any farther in the CL. But Barcelona are going to have a lot of work to do in the second leg of they want to progress.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I have no interest in seeing Berlusconi's Milan going any farther in the CL. But Barcelona are going to have a lot of work to do in the second leg of they want to progress.

Agree about Milan and Berlusconi (who made an unholy comeback and is all over the news. dat zombie!), but they're doing it consistently right against The Best Team of the World you have to admit that.

What about United? They have good chances imho..a bit under-rated 'cause they're not playing utterly convincing, but they're winning and winning and winning...maybe it'll be worth a bet? What are the odds Jaffa? :D

oh, I forgot: They have Baoteng. Giving huge credit for that.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006

Me neither. I'm secretly rooting for Dortmund but it'll probably end up being Bayern.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Looks like we're set to see a second straight year where a team parks the bus at Barca and knocks them out with a purely defensive display. It would be nice to see Dortmund in the final, but I reckon it's going to be something much, much more predictable, probably involving Man Utd and Bayern.

USA midfielder Jermaine Jones scored an equalizer for Schalke to make it a 1-1 draw with Galatasaray. Schalke is probably pretty pleased with that result.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
^
Can't be helped. Inter/Chelsea drew up the blueprints on how to deal with Barca. The rest of the world are simply now following suit.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Think AC Milan did what Barcelona do; organised hunting in numbers. Good to see the ref deal with the Barcelona BS.

Barca were also without their manager, which was a factor. The tie was close enough that tactical adjustments could have altered things. Credit to Milan for not showing Barca too much respect. The tie is far from over but I have a bad feeling about Barcelona's chances.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I dunno why, but I feel like it's the best time to put money on the Catalans..if only I'd bet...:D

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
+ Lord Blackadder,

It'll be interesting to see how Barcelona react if AC Milan score, especially if it is the first goal - same goes for Sturridgeless Liverpool v ZSP.

Cheers,
OW

Those Barca shirts are eye-searingly horrible by the way. I can't stand them.

It will be interesting to see if AC Milan go into the game with some aggression and press Barca, or if they try to Inter/Chelsea their way through it by sitting back, harry them and rely on Barca being toothless again.

The pitch should be faster, so that might make Milan's job harder. But realistically, Barca need to score three goals to win this tie and -crucially- not concede any. Despite Barca's exceptional passing game I wonder if their defense will stand firm enough.

As for Liverpool, I don't really care. :eek: It's definitely a tie we can turn around and it will all hinge on whether we finish the chances we create. But I will not be the slightest bit surprised if we go out after a meek 1-1 draw or some such.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Going out on away goals just sucks. :( A better performance from Liverpool this time but it's fairly meaningless. Frankly that 1-1 draw would have been less annoying because I wouldn't have had any hope.

The only real highlight has been Suarez. He has upped his game this season and more or less stayed out of trouble. Despite his profligacy in front of goal he still scores often and is amazingly skilled player.

Finishing fourth in the league is out of the question, but fifth is still possible though it will be a real dogfight. I'd like to see that, not because it's a Europa League place but because it demonstrates real improvement over the course of the season. A challenge for a CL spot next season is a real possibility if the squad continues this improvement..

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
First off I know it's nowhere like the same class but Ajax was eliminated last night by Steaua Boekarest 2-2 regular time 4-2 on penalties. They also held a two goal league, Barcelona are not out of it, it will be very difficult but not impossible. It should also be a fantastic game to watch.

Happybunny, the incident you brought up here is showing results here in Germany; yesterday a 26yo received a lifelong ban after cursing, hitting and finally kicking (!) a ref into the back. I have no English article about it but think they even mentionend the incident in the Netherlands as one factor for the hard-line.

Seems I spoke to soon earlier when I said that there had been an improvement in the amateur game here. Last Sunday in the Fourth Class Amateurs a referee was mishandled first by supporters then by the players. Last night the KNVB reacted the whole team is banned the club (ZTS Zaandam) just ceases to exist. Today the bailiffs have moved it to remove the offices and training facilities which are on council property. The police have already started criminal proceedings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.