Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varunmaini2011

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
India
I have a I Phone 4s and i just upgraded to IOS 6 Recently I have faced a hell lot of Problem with the Facebook Push Notification,i wanted to know if this Bug is Fixed in IOS 6.1 Update.....

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I have a I Phone 4s and i just upgraded to IOS 6 Recently I have faced a hell lot of Problem with the Facebook Push Notification,i wanted to know if this Bug is Fixed in IOS 6.1 Update.....

There is no Facebook Push Notification Bug!

The issue, is that Facebook no longer pre-installs with push notifications for everything pre-activated.

To turn them on, go to settings, notifications, facebook and turn them on!

ben824

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2012
GA

The issue, is that Facebook no longer pre-installs with push notifications for everything pre-activated.

Mine are all on and still no sounds or vibrations only a notification that comes up on the screen and notification center. There is a bug with facebook notifications.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Mine are all on and still no sounds or vibrations only a notification that comes up on the screen and notification center. There is a bug with facebook notifications.

This has happened since IOS 6 first came out. You get the actual badge, but without sound. It seems to be happening to ppl with IOS 5 also. Facebook doesn't seem to be willing to even acknowledge that there is a problem. But it started around the time they came out with a dedicated IOS app for the Iphone.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

This is totally false information. There is a Facebook bug, has been since 6.0 launched.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just started having this issue on my iPhone 5 a few days before iOS 6.1 came out. Couldn't get it working no matter what I tried. However, shortly after installing iOS 6.1 yesterday Facebook notifications started working again suddenly. I'm still not sure if it's somehow related to iOS 6.1, simply due to installation of new firmware and a full reboot (I tried restarting/resetting myself before without much luck), or something else entirely, but things are working again.

One small note: I don't have sounds enabled for my Facebook notifications, so I'm not quite sure if that part of it works now (or worked/didn't work before) for me, but at least the notifications themselves started coming through after not working for a few days for some reason.

----------

Perfect One Guy in America isn't having an issue.. I know at least 20 people with an iPhone and every one I know is.
I'll say this much, I never had an issue with Facebook notifications until just a few days ago (which seems to have been fixed now)--at least for the past few years with an iPhone 4 and now with an iPhone 5 there haven't been any issues until just recently. A few other family members haven't had those issues over the past few years either, not even in the past few days when I was experiencing issue.

So, is it possible that a lot of people have these issues, while a few don't...perhaps, but it's probably more likely that most don't have the issues, and a few (or maybe just some) do have it, either always, or sometimes.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
If you want to jailbreak your phone, you can get a Cydia tweak called Pushtones and you can set up a tone for many apps. Works for Facebook :D

kmpoboy2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Alabama
It doesn't work in my i5 since I have it(launch), but it works in the wife's 4 and has never stopped working.

Both of them are in 6.1.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Still have this bug as well, I think it is account based as I had the same issue on my 4 with 5.1.1 and now my 5 with 6.1 so it's not hardware or software issues it's an app issue.

nickE10mm

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
I remember reading a while back that the PROBLEM was that the Facebook app was "colliding" with the IOS FB integration. Try disabling IOS FB integration and then activating the FB app sounds....

(I'm at work and busy or I'd try it myself).

Also, for the record, I've had this bug for ages, too.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I remember reading a while back that the PROBLEM was that the Facebook app was "colliding" with the IOS FB integration. Try disabling IOS FB integration and then activating the FB app sounds....

(I'm at work and busy or I'd try it myself).

Also, for the record, I've had this bug for ages, too.

Really? Tell us how to do that.

nickE10mm

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
Really? Tell us how to do that.

Something to the effect of removing the app completely and all other references to its LOGIN in your phone, then rebooting, then reinstalling the app and somehow doing it differently where the IOS FB integration doesnt happen (ie, there is no "POST" section in the Notification center doing it this way) ... and THENNNN supposedly the Facebook app sounds and everything will work.

But I could be remembering wrong. If so, sorry... just trying to contribute ideas ... and, since I don't actually LIKE or WANT audible FB alerts, I'm not gonna mess around with it on my phone. So good luck guys but I'm keeping MY Facebook SILENT, lol

errant

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2012
Was happening on iOS 5 before I upgraded.

Was really annoying at first, but I prefer it now that my phone isn't dinging dumb **** at me all day.

nickE10mm

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
Was happening on iOS 5 before I upgraded.

Was really annoying at first, but I prefer it now that my phone isn't dinging dumb **** at me all day.

Ah, oh well. Hmm

I don't like the sounds either so it's no biggie to ME, but im sure some people want it. Lol.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Something to the effect of removing the app completely and all other references to its LOGIN in your phone, then rebooting, then reinstalling the app and somehow doing it differently where the IOS FB integration doesnt happen (ie, there is no "POST" section in the Notification center doing it this way) ... and THENNNN supposedly the Facebook app sounds and everything will work.

But I could be remembering wrong. If so, sorry... just trying to contribute ideas ... and, since I don't actually LIKE or WANT audible FB alerts, I'm not gonna mess around with it on my phone. So good luck guys but I'm keeping MY Facebook SILENT, lol

Okay but before iOS6 the app failed to make sound notifications. I believe is was mid-2012 when FB updated to Ver.5 that it stopped.

Pattycerts

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Considering how PN's work I would say the problem is on Facebook's side, not Apple's. But what do I know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.