Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2012
Is everyone else still getting 404s everytime they try to update anything? I've been trying to update BiteSMS for the past 12 hours, no luck. Same with the 5 other update pending.

RoofMonkey911

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
After you run evasi0n, It will ask you to unlock your device. On the Lock screen, Slide to Unlock your device, and you will see a new app icon on the second page of the Home screen named “Jailbreak”. Tap this Jailbreak app icon once, ONLY ONCE and the screen should go black and then return to the Home screen immediately. Are you seeing that jailbreak icon at all?

Hey, guys im using and iphone 3gs... outdated yes i know... but its updated on 6.1 from itunes... and i wanna jailbreak my iphone... and i downloaded evasi0n and followed all the steps... and all the steps worked perfectly fine... but when my phone rebooted after the jailbreak... cydia wasnt installed on it. :( so my iphone isnt jailbroken so i tried to do the same procedure again... i connected my iphone to my laptop...opened up evasi0n and it said iphone is already jailbroken, jailbreaking it again is not advisable?! but if its jailbroken wheres cydia?! :/ :(

Please help me... i really need to get my iphone jailbroken

----------

Which repo are you trying to update them from? So far I've had no 404's

Is everyone else still getting 404s everytime they try to update anything? I've been trying to update BiteSMS for the past 12 hours, no luck. Same with the 5 other update pending.

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2012
After you run evasi0n, It will ask you to unlock your device. On the Lock screen, Slide to Unlock your device, and you will see a new app icon on the second page of the Home screen named “Jailbreak”. Tap this Jailbreak app icon once, ONLY ONCE and the screen should go black and then return to the Home screen immediately. Are you seeing that jailbreak icon at all?

----------

Which repo are you trying to update them from? So far I've had no 404's

Sinfulrepo on my iPhone 5

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Problem with repos

I keep having to uninstall the bigboss repo (in particular, I have had the same issue show up in others, but this one is virtually constant while the others are not)

I get the following 3 errors

X. Wow, You exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of.

X. Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/list/apt.thebigboss.org_reopfiles_cydia_d
ist_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages

X. The package list or status file could not be parsed or opened

I have tried installing and uninstalling the repo,
I have even tried jailbreaking again to see if that would fix it.

I lucked up and installed icleaner the second jailbreak before it started crapping out again, and that helps some. However I still keeps having issues, like preventing the installation of certain tweaks, that are listed as working on IOS6.

I am also having a secondary problem which is better the second time I jailbroke, but is still showing up. I installed multiiconmover but couldnt get it to work, so I deleted it, but since I cant get the bigboss repository to work, I cant get it to install even though I found it on insanelyi. I had it happen the first jailbreak much much worse so I could only install a handful of tweaks. But the problem still seems to be showing up occasionally when it shouldn't.

I don't know if its just because of the server issues, but I haven't really seen anyone else mention it, and I want to get this straightened out before apple locks us back out. I lost my last jailbreak because of a major issue and don't want to risk it again because this really makes my ipad useful to me.

therockjn

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Stock weather app crashing after jailbreak of iOS 6.1.1

I updated my 4s to 6.1.1 and jail role with new evasion 1.3 now the weather app crashes every time I open it and the plane icon for the airplane mode toggle in sbsettings doesn't show.
Any one have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
After a minor glitch in my JB using 1.0 yesterday everything was fine. I downloaded 1.1 and am back to just having Cydia and a couple other non-functioning JB downloads. And, there's no way to go back to 1.0. Cydia won't even load.Thanks evasi0n.

Last edited:

Mordecai2411

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
New Mexico
Cydia Crashing

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1, and I installed something, but it crashed so i booted it up while holding the up volume button, but now Cydia crashes when i open it! Any help?

ZeWarrior

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
I'm using a jailbroken iPhone 5 on 6.1..

I use the regular official Twitter app for Twitter on my phone. Recently, after the evasi0n jailbreak, Twitter released an update for their App. So, I updated.

Ever since the update, I can't retweet anything. Anytime I do, it ends up being a random tweet from someone I don't follow from like 2007-2009. Very strange.

Also, if I tap on a tweet from someone who has a lot of followers, it doesn't tell me how many favorites or retweets that tweet has.

I've tried deleting and re-installing the app several times, as well as deleting my account of my phone.

Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks.

EDIT:I just tried Twitter in Safe Mode, and it works fine. I'm not sure what package is causing the issue. I uninstalled everything I had right before it stopped working

I was/am having this exact issue, anyone find a fix yet?

ppfd

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2007
West Virginia USA
If anyone is having problems getting evasion to work try and download using Fire Fox or possibly Chrome.

I spent over an hour trying to JB my 4 on 6.12 after downloading via Safari.

I uninstalled everything and download via FF and JB my phone in minutes.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
If anyone is having problems getting evasion to work try and download using Fire Fox or possibly Chrome.

I spent over an hour trying to JB my 4 on 6.12 after downloading via Safari.

I uninstalled everything and download via FF and JB my phone in minutes.

Ah! The old Safari download problem again. Not come across that for a couple of years.

c0venant

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
I'm pretty sure before I had the jailbreak I could see the duration of calls in the screen, during the calls and right after finishing. Now I have to open the "Recents" tab to see the duration. Is this happening with anyone else? is there a fix for it?

I'm on iOS 6.1 with the original/first Evasi0n jailbreak, iPhone 5. Thanks

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Hey guys, i need a little help…
I modified my lock screen notification pop up background to a transparent one, but I just realized I didn't backup the original one :( Now that i changed the theme I still have the transparent notification and cannot see anything with it hahaha

Is there anyone nice enough to help me by uploading the original files so I can replace them? please hahaha!

thanks!

Edit: the files are in com.apple.TelephonyUI/BulletinWellLock@2x.png and BarLCD@2x~iphone.png
and the other is at com.apple.springboard/BulletinListLockScreenFirstAlertBG@2x~iphone.png

PaddyFowler

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
Help please....

Hi guys,

I'm running iOS 6.1 (Build 10B143) on my iphone 5 - and the first jailbreak from EvasiOn.

Want to update to iOS 6.1.2 because of the Exchange issue - however i've been having difficulty.

I downloaded the stock 6.1.2 and tried to manually restore to it - but i got an error saying that firmware was not the correct version (forgive me i didn't take note of the exact message).

I then downloaded the 6.1 (same build as the one i have) to try and just restore to it - but again it's not letting me do it due to this firmware error.

Anyone experience this and have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.