Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
My 3D printer went out and I need to replace a transistor. Do you guys know where I can find a CC1179 transistor?

This is admittedly a long shot.

xboxer75010

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2006
Carrollton, TX
My 3D printer went out and I need to replace a transistor. Do you guys know where I can find a CC1179 transistor?

This is admittedly a long shot.

Yeah Digikey is a good bet. Check with your EE Office at your school, at my school we get a pretty good discount and free overnight shipping.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
engineering student, but I just used Google:

Is this it?

hope that helps

That's not a transistor. It's a time-delay solid-state relay, and a pretty high-power one at that (50 amps @ 240VAC).

I'm not sure why a 3D printer would have a time-delay SSR of any kind, much less one of that power. It seems more like something for an HVAC or furnace system.

Also, the part number that google so obligingly found is a Digikey part number (stock number), not the manufacturer's number that would be printed on the part. So I suspect it's not the correct part, but I could be wrong.

Best thing to do at this point is for the OP to take a picture of the dead part and post it. Also, compare with the picture on the Digikey product page.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
That's not a transistor. It's a time-delay solid-state relay, and a pretty high-power one at that (50 amps @ 240VAC).

I'm not sure why a 3D printer would have a time-delay SSR of any kind, much less one of that power. It seems more like something for an HVAC or furnace system.

Also, the part number that google so obligingly found is a Digikey part number (stock number), not the manufacturer's number that would be printed on the part. So I suspect it's not the correct part, but I could be wrong.

Best thing to do at this point is for the OP to take a picture of the dead part and post it. Also, compare with the picture on the Digikey product page.

I just googled the part # didn't really pay attention to what it was. I know digikey would likely have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.