Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
The problem I had with update earlier vanished the next day. At first when it wouldn't work, the update downloaded very quickly within a few minutes but then refused to install.

Today though, I tried it again and while the update took 25 minutes to download, it installed no problems, although it did take about another 15 minutes to install.

----------

Just to offer another point of view: I get great satisfaction from my (not jailbroken) iPhone5 because of how very much it can do, and how well it does so much. Almost every day, certainly every week, I discover new functionality, new apps, new ways to use existing apps--in short, new ways to do more, better--that extend the power the iPhone gives me. I've got nothing against those who jailbreak. But I don't think they should sell short the capacity of the phone (pocket computer, really, of course) as it comes in the box. It's a remarkable product.

That is so very true, I've had my iMac in for repair so I bought an iPod touch 5G and it has revolutionised my life, I am currently writing up some very complex stream of consciousness work and I have discovered that using my bluetooth keyboard and the tiny ipod touch screen and a beautiful app like IA Writer, my writing is much more tightly focussed and free flowing. There's something about seeing the words pop up on this tiny little screen to my side while I just forget about my hands which seem to be nothing to do with me. It's like I'm just reading something that is being written by my brain. I would never have thought this possible.

Then there is the amazing quality of the camera and very cool video and photo processing apps that just make it an absolute joy to use.

Blackforge

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Utterly, utterly useless. Still got no exchange email on my iphone 4s even after the update.

Wasted tonnes of hours looking at solutions and berating our IT team before I learnt of this issue with Macrumours, it really should have been communicated better.

Really getting pissed off with it now, either give up any pretension of the iphone being used for business or get it fixed you Cupertino quiche eating hippies.

Delete your Exchange sync from your phone and in the Phone section of OWA. Then recreate the connection.

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
Bricked both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2. Whenever I try to reconnect them to iTunes to restore or sync they both pop up an error -50. Backed up versions in my iTunes Library aren't being supported apparently by the onboard 6.1.2. update. Keeps saying "incompatible database query-"

Nice work, Apple. Totally rush an update and brick a thousand dollars worth of electronics equipment I rely on for my job.

why didn't you do one at a time? :confused:

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
- Location in the weather app and other apps in general seems to be more effiecient

- Safari actually does seem to have improvements

- I have Google Search already installed but this has always done this on sites with apps in the App Store. Could this be triggered by Javascript being enabled or pop up ad blocking being disabled?

I've only seen it pop up for Yelp and Apple Store. This was the first I saw Google Search pop up. Maybe I 'x' it out a long time ago prior to the update and didn't remember.

I'm just happy location aware apps get the data processed faster.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I'm not getting this update at all?

4S running 6.1.1 Beta

How can a public release be ahead of a beta release? Confused!

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
Utterly, utterly useless. Still got no exchange email on my iphone 4s even after the update.

Wasted tonnes of hours looking at solutions and berating our IT team before I learnt of this issue with Macrumours, it really should have been communicated better.

Really getting pissed off with it now, either give up any pretension of the iphone being used for business or get it fixed you Cupertino quiche eating hippies.

Well it's not an OS problem so drop the attitude. I am STILL accessing my Exchange email and have had no problems with it at all throughout any of the complaints

I wonder how many are genuine apple issues or stubborn people blaming apple when the issue is a misconfiguration of either the device or server.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
iPhone 5 running just as fast, with better battery life than before I JB it here. 9 1/2 hours of pretty hard usage.

Grrrrr. I wonder why then, since the four non-JB'en devices are running better without. The only thing I miss is Springtomize 2 and the volume increase tweak(s). It just killed my phone's though.

Oh, and Netatalk still lingered even if removed. That one irked me.

Oh and double Grrrr/derp, I realized I paid for the TetherMe iOS 6 upgrade, which I now cannot use. Good one on my lol.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Grrrrr. I wonder why then, since the four non-JB'en devices are running better without. The only thing I miss is Springtomize 2 and the volume increase tweak(s). It just killed my phone's though.

Oh, and Netatalk still lingered even if removed. That one irked me.

Oh and double Grrrr/derp, I realized I paid for the TetherMe iOS 6 upgrade, which I now cannot use. Good one on my lol.

I've actually had this problem. You've downloaded a rogue tweak somewhere, and after you restore the phone to a clean OS and re-jailbreak and install only reputable .deb's, your phone will run fine I am sure.

I've had ****** tweaks kill my phone – in standby mode – in 3 hours. This is exactly why Apple isn't like android with widgets and custom ROM's. If you install stuff and take notes of what deb you just installed and your battery is now running a little short, you can prevent this kinda thing usually. Cheers!

iDragon83

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
Worked For Me

Beginning yesterday afternoon my battery began drastically draining. I went from around 50% to the point where it wouldn't even turn on within an hour or so. I checked for a software update and sure enough 6.1.2 was available and it allegedly "Fixes an Exchange calendar bug that could result in increased network activity and reduced battery life". I downloaded and installed the update with no problem and charged my phone to 100%. I took it off the charger last night around 10 pm and it maintianed 100% all night and as of 9:23 EST this morning it has only fallen to 87% after watching several videos, listening to music via Pandora, and checking/responding to emails.

Thanks Apple!! :D

Paulio

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
Just to offer another point of view: I get great satisfaction from my (not jailbroken) iPhone5 because of how very much it can do, and how well it does so much. Almost every day, certainly every week, I discover new functionality, new apps, new ways to use existing apps--in short, new ways to do more, better--that extend the power the iPhone gives me. I've got nothing against those who jailbreak. But I don't think they should sell short the capacity of the phone (pocket computer, really, of course) as it comes in the box. It's a remarkable product.

Yeah good point, it is a very capable and awesome OS stock no doubt, enjoyed it a lot for many years on more than a few devices. That said, tweaking really adds to the device, and it adds even more when the device is as powerful as the iPhone 5. But you're right, either way it is a pretty capable pocketable computer and that is incredibly amazing.

Torrents on your phone? Thanks for the laugh! You carry a car battery around in your backpack to power your phone all day too? :rolleyes:

No worries mate.

Fortunately my car carries my battery around for me so I can charge on the go if I so require, but I rarely do. Downloading at over 1MB/s pretty consistently so a few minutes of downloading is hardly the most intensive thing I can do with my device. You play 3D games on your phone at all? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.