Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
So simple question....

From everyone else's opinion, which do you prefer?

I once upon a time, owned a white iPad 2 but the iPad Mini has a different build. I've heard about scuffing being seen on the black Mini.

So I'm just curious, which do you prefer and which do you think would be the better choice in your opinion?

adnoh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2010
WOW! what a great question, why hasn't anyone asked this before?

I bought the white to avoid scuffs on the bezel.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I prefer white. Looks "clean" and "pure" and classy to me. I also have a white iPhone 5 so it matches. Both colors will scuff but it's more noticeable on black because of the contrast of the scuff's color and the black finish.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I have a white iPad mini. I love the anodised aluminium on the white one. It's got a silver/creamy look to it, which I love. It also matches my white iPhone 5 and white iPad (3rd gen).

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
WOW! what a great question, why hasn't anyone asked this before?

I bought the white to avoid scuffs on the bezel.

No need to be an ass....

----------

I have a white iPad mini. I love the anodised aluminium on the white one. It's got a silver/creamy look to it, which I love. It also matches my white iPhone 5 and white iPad (3rd gen).

Thanks, I ended up just buying a White 32GB one since it would go better with my white iPhone 4S 64GB.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Black all the way - the black back makes it quite nice - normally I opt for white this time not

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The white's back kicks booty looks wise compared to the black. But I hate the front so I bought the black regardless of how much I like the back of the white.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I would be concerned about light reflecting off the white bezel and screwing up my eyesight for viewing darker images. But, I have no idea of how pronounced that effect might be. Must not be too bad...(?)

Regards,
Tom

al0513

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011
Black.

I have a black iPhone 5, and a white iPad 3. Decided I liked the black mini better. :)

frankchen855

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
I honestly think the white looks better but alot of people give me hell for being a "guy" with a white ipad mini as opposed to a black one :confused:

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
I honestly think the white looks better but alot of people give me hell for being a "guy" with a white ipad mini as opposed to a black one :confused:

I quite enjoy the white, that's what I went with. I'm now wishing I went with the 64gb model but 32 will have to do haha.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
it varies for me day to day haha
i think for me the black is the safer bet. some days though i look at the white one and think wow that looks way nicer. then other days i think nah, it's too flashy and not understated enough. I like how the black of the device sort of blends away and you dont notice it after a while. the white bezel always grabs your attention, eventually i get sick of it.

im still a fan of the ipad2 design though. im not a fan of the scratchy anodized back. i like the contrast of the silver and black

thats when you pull the lady gaga and say nah-uh i was born this way

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.