Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrPeelNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
So I just ordered my 27" iMac 3.2ghz with 1tb Fusion drive from my local Harvey Norman store. But they said it was going to be a 6 to 8 week wait till I get it but online it says 3 to 4 weeks??? So my question is how long did you guys have to wait to get your Custom Order iMac?

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
So I just ordered my 27" iMac 3.2ghz with 1tb Fusion drive from my local Harvey Norman store. But they said it was going to be a 6 to 8 week wait till I get it but online it says 3 to 4 weeks??? So my question is how long did you guys have to wait to get your Custom Order iMac?

I'm going to order mine through apple store online. Did you save by ordering from Harvey Norman store?

MrPeelNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Na not really. I got student discount but thats it. Part of me wished I did buy it online but Harvey Norman have a good return/replacement system.

The Norseman

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013

3 1/2 weeks through the Apple Online Store, which is pretty good compared to some who are still waiting.

youeyemind

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2013
Exactly. Why would you not order from Apple. I would never trust ordering something from a business with the name Norman in it. It just screams shenanigans.

gaddster

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
it looks like they are starting to ship to stores (so stores have some stock) so the wait online is getting longer.. i orgered on 24th jan and rec'd 18th feb

gzigoris

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2013
Middle MI.USA
I ordered from Apple.com and they say 3 to 4 weeks but when I check my order it says between 5 and 6 weeks. Then on the forums most people say they receive theirs early so I don't know what to tell you except that I would think that where you ordered yours is giving you the longest period so that you will feel good when it comes in early. That company has to put in an order too and they are in the same boat as the rest of us that ordered online.

George

MrPeelNZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
Ok so, I went to Harvey Norman and cancelled my order and got a refund. Now I've just ordered through the Apple online store. So exciting!!!!!

Im hoping it arrives early. :) Turns out I saved even more money from doing it through apple.

----------

Exactly. Why would you not order from Apple. I would never trust ordering something from a business with the name Norman in it. It just screams shenanigans.

Harvey Norman is one of the largest companies in New Zealand. Ive done all my technology purchases through them and always walk away with more free stuff than I actually need lol.

youeyemind

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2013
New Zealand? Well I guess congratulations are in order for not being apart of Australia and by the way thanks for The Lord of the Rings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.