Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
I was just browsing around at Spigen, and I saw that they introduced a bunch of new colors to the Slim Armor Case: Crimson Red, Lime, Reventon Yellow, Tangerine Tango, Smooth White and Dodger Blue.
slimarmorrrr.jpg

There's also the new Spigen Saturn in Metal Red, Satin Silver and Metal Slate, which is pretty much the same case, but as a hard case in polycarbonate and aluminum instead of TPU and polycarbonate:
iphone_5_case_saturn__0001_detail1.jpg

Last edited:

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Yeah, I'm still waiting for them to make the reventon yellow available....

I've tried to ask when the other colors would be in stock and no reply after a few days. The cases look great but why would they put another case out when they haven't made their most recent Slim Armor Colors available. Sorry just getting annoyed.:cool:

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
I just received the gunmetal Slim Armor for my i5.

Gotta say, it's very much worth it. Now I just need to find a good screen protector. The stock Verizon ones are horrible.

ip4

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2011
[NEW] Spigen Saturn aluminum case and the Slim Armor in seven new colors

Really disappointed that they only did cut outs for the sleep/wake button and volume buttons for the Saturn case... I wish they had done actual buttons like on the slim armor case.

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
All slim hard cases have cutouts.

-

The Metal Slate and Metal Red ones are available now, btw.

The Slim Armor original (metal) and the new Slim Armor colors only have cutouts for the mute switch. The sleep/wake and volume controls use buttons on the case. Also, the speaker holes and port have a smaller cutout than on the Saturn; looks like the entire bottom piece is exposed on the Saturn except the corners.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
The Slim Armor original (metal) and the new Slim Armor colors only have cutouts for the mute switch. The sleep/wake and volume controls use buttons on the case. Also, the speaker holes and port have a smaller cutout than on the Saturn; looks like the entire bottom piece is exposed on the Saturn except the corners.
Yes, but the Saturn is not like the Slim Armor.
The Slim Armor cases have a body of soft TPU, which also forms the buttons.
The Saturn has a body of thin polycarbonate like the Ultra Thin Air, which also has cutouts as opposed to buttons, but with aluminum to match the design of the iPhone.

Last edited:

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Yes, but the Saturn is not like the Slim Armor.
The Slim Armor cases have a body of soft TPU, which also forms the buttons.
The Saturn has a body of thin polycarbonate like the Ultra Thin Air, which also has cutouts as opposed to buttons, but with aluminum to match the design of the iPhone.

The Saturn looks a ripoff of the Elago Outfit which has been out for months and was one of the first cases I picked up for the iPhone 5. Needless to say, I didn't use it for very long.

http://elagostore.com/elago-S5-Outfit-Aluminum-and-Polycarbonate/M/B009RZGN14.htm

Last edited:

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
The Saturn looks a ripoff of the Elago Outfit which has been out for months and was one of the first cases I picked up for the iPhone 5. Needless to say, I didn't use it for very long.

http://elagostore.com/elago-S5-Outfit-Aluminum-and-Polycarbonate/M/B009RZGN14.htm

If you however compare them, the Spigen Saturn has the nicer design of the two, the elago just has an inserted plate with borders around it, the Saturn one is properly fitted and flush, and the design is more refine around the chamfered edge. Also one is glossy while the other one is matte.

The aluminum comes in two flavors though on the elago: Unbrushed in Black, White, Dark Gray, Jean Indigo and Hot Pink:
71TV3ihZe0L._SL1500_.jpg

As well as in brushed aluminum and more earthy colors (Dark Gray, Camo Green, Chocolate, Red and Orange) as the elago S5 Outfit MATRIX:
71DDKMfQ8-L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
If you however compare them, the Spigen Saturn has the nicer design of the two, the elago just has an inserted plate with borders around it, the Saturn one is properly fitted and flush, and the design is more refine around the chamfered edge. Also one is glossy while the other one is matte.

Aside from the color selection, I think you are splitting hairs.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
i have 3 of the Elago Outfit's (Black/Grey/Red), the aluminum insert is very much FLUSH on them too...

tried the Saturn and it's slightly thicker than the Elago and not quite as nice of quality for $7 more (you can pick up the Outfit for $9.99-$12.99 on Amazon). i def prefer the matte finish of the plastic on the Outfit vs. the glossy of the Saturn.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Well, what I meant was not that it's not flush on the surface, but that it's not edge to edge:
xNR8Znr.png

But judging from Steevies pictures, the same hold true for the Spigen Saturn:
ZcJ0lZw.jpg

Also, based on the fact that both Spigen and elago are 'Designed in California, made in Korea', both the elago S5 Outfit and the Spigen Saturn come probably from the same Korean factory, to say the least.

Yet, the colors of the Spigen match the iPhone, which is way nicer than the Uni-colors of the elago.

Last edited:

ashfall

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2013
Well, what I meant was not that it's not flush on the surface, but that it's not edge to edge:
xNR8Znr.png

But judging from Steevies pictures, the same hold true for the Spigen Saturn:
ZcJ0lZw.jpg

Also, based on the fact that both Spigen and elago are 'Designed in California, made in Korea', both the elago S5 Outfit and the Spigen Saturn come probably from the same Korean factory, to say the least.

Yet, the colors of the Spigen match the iPhone, which is way nicer than the Uni-colors of the elago.

I really like the attention to detail in on the saturn. it actually looks like they tried to imitate the iphones shape and design.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
I just got the Slim Armor(Amazon), the satin silver, but did order an orange back plate(spogen), orange is my favorite color as you can probably tell from the pics lol

I think the case looks good, feels good.

What do you guys think of the color with the home button?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 321
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.