Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I updated to iTunes 11.0.2 first, then restored my JB'd 4S to original state 6.1.2, then was able to re-JB with evasi0n, launch Cydia to prepare the JB filesystem, then restore my phone from the backup I had just taken in iTunes.

A bit cumbersome, but certainly not difficult. The restore says it's got ~20 minutes left, but based how long it took last time to actually complete the restore and do the initial sync of my apps, songs and stuff in iTunes, I'm going to let it run overnight and hope things look good in the morning.

Weird, I followed these steps. But after my restore, none of my apps are on my iphone. Have to go to app store and redownload ALL my apps, wtf.... :mad:

pacohaas

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2006
Weird, I followed these steps. But after my restore, none of my apps are on my iphone. Have to go to app store and redownload ALL my apps, wtf.... :mad:

I noticed something similar and just had to re-sync to get the apps back. Then I had to install my Cydia packages to get my icon layout back to what I was used to (5 icons on the doc), specifically once IconSupport was installed it asked me if I wanted to use my old layout and after that all my folders and icons were back where I had them in 6.1 JB.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Don't think this is true. You can't downgrade at all. According to this reddit thread the only reason blobs are being saved is if a future bootrom exploit is found and then you could use them to downgrade. At this point it is not possible.

Those of us on older phones - pre-A5 processor - can still downgrade at will. But you are correct when it comes to newer hardware.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I noticed something similar and just had to re-sync to get the apps back. Then I had to install my Cydia packages to get my icon layout back to what I was used to (5 icons on the doc), specifically once IconSupport was installed it asked me if I wanted to use my old layout and after that all my folders and icons were back where I had them in 6.1 JB.

When I download the apps, like waze, or google maps, its downloads, and mysteriously enough my "Naviation" folder appears and it goes into it. So its like they are hidden or something. Weird stuff

Maybe this happened because I never sync my apps in itunes, nor do I transfer purchases....

Last edited:

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
When I download the apps, like waze, or google maps, its downloads, and mysteriously enough my "Naviation" folder appears and it goes into it. So its like they are hidden or something. Weird stuff

Maybe this happened because I never sync my apps in itunes, nor do I transfer purchases....
Details like that are kept in pref files, which are not deleted unless you do a full wipe and restore. This applies to both AppStore and Cydia apps. Upgrades of iOS or apps just updates the app files, not your stored info. So, as soon as you reload an app, it should find its preferences and everything goes back to how you had it.

At least, that's how I understand it.

dylanbb18

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Help please

i did the 6.1.2 software update to my ipod today which has the first jailbreak when it came out.....right in the middle of updating the ipod goes into recovery mode......i tried tiny umbrella and theres no "shsh" popping up but my ipod is and it still doesnt go out of recovery mode.....i also learned today that i was suppose to save an "shsh" of cydia when i first got the jailbreak which i didnt.....can so help out here to getting out of recovery mode

Last edited:

Frederic51

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
How can I print my message using Scanf in Objective-C?
The program runs without any errors or warning, however when I type a number
it does not show the output. (thx for your help)Here's my code:

# import < foundation/foundation.h>

@ interface Person : NSObject {

int age;

}

-(void) print;

@end

@implementation Person

-(void) print {

NSLog (@" Enter a number please ");
scanf ("i", &age);
NSLog (" your number is : ", age);

}
@end

int main ( int argc, char * argcv []) {
NSAutoreleasepool *pool = [ [ NSAutoreleasepool alloc] initi];

Person *Fred;
Fred= [Person alloc];

[Fred print];
[Fred release];

[pool drain];

return 0;

}

iThat

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2011
Those of us on older phones - pre-A5 processor - can still downgrade at will. But you are correct when it comes to newer hardware.

Not sure where you guys are getting this information from.
Not sure who posted this stuff on reddit. But you can downgrade a 4s if you have BOTH 5.0.1 and 5.1/.1 SHSH blobs from 6.x

You need to go to 5.0.1 first and then 5.1.x

But if you are on 5.0.1 on a 4s why in the world would anyone want to upgrade in the first place ? 5.0.1 is the last version to include XML Scheme and the last version that worked properly with AW-Open. (AW-Prefs)
6.X also does not have support for cydget (cycript) yet. In my mind this is huge. Cycript is what gave 5.x much of its teeth. Until this is supported in 6.x IMHO iOS 6 has no real teeth

There are only 2 reasons i could possibly think of anyone wanting to upgrade from 5.0.1 .

1- You are constantly on a campus and want to use PRE 802.11r draft protocols like PK Caching and TK caching keys for wifi.

(Technical blurb)
However keep in mind apples implementation of 802.11r is still very new and does NOT include the fast roaming profile yet. (FR) It only includes the FT and PKT profiles.
While handoff time from one wifi access point to another might be slightly faster than traditional 802.11n networks its still VERY FAR from true FR which is 50 milliseconds which can be used while driving with a wide enough wireless AP birth.

2- You want to use Auxo or LS Vingetti
But even that reason is very thin.

Or (i dont count this as a real reason) if you are obsessed with the passbook and DND features.
Both of which are available with apps/tweaks for 5.x

Last edited:

dylanbb18

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
jailbreak and no saved shsh blobs 2

my ipod 5 is the latest ios 6 so i guess it came with 6.0 or 6.1.1 to begin with.......now as im updating to 6.1.2 with my ipod jailbroke, the ipod goes into recovery mode and i wont come out of it.....theres also no shsh blob in tiny umbrella and i dont think i saved a blob from cydia or were ever your suppose to save it from....need some help

fteoath64

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2008
Apple would NOT dare risking their stock price DROP!!!.

If they anger the JB community, they will take a big hit on the stock price!. Tis would cause serious harm to them, meantime they would just leave the JB holes alone as there is little risk in serious intrusions. The JB is also FREE publicity for them at a time when JellyBean 4.2 is getting wider releases. How can they risk a direct feature for feature comparison ?. One that they will lose. So better shut-up and keep silent ....:)

dylanbb18

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
all i want to no if there is a way for my jailbroken ipod touch 5th gen , to get out of recovery mode....fyi no shsh blob on tiny umbrella when my ipod is in.....and i keep on restoring it on itunes becuase all it says is ( im in recovery mode and i will need to restore and update)...which is saying error

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
Not sure where you guys are getting this information from.
Not sure who posted this stuff on reddit. But you can downgrade a 4s if you have BOTH 5.0.1 and 5.1/.1 SHSH blobs from 6.x

Quoting directly from MuscleNerd's (long-time member of theiPhone Dev Team and current member of Evasi0n team) Twitter feed:

"Many people are misinformed about saved SHSH blobs. For most devices after iPhone4, they will NOT let you downgrade -- so avoid 6.1.2"

There's similar info on the iPhone Dev Team web site, even though it hasn't been updated for the latest round of jailbreaks. The bottom line is owners of A4 devices have more flexibility with regard to downgrading than owners of A5 devices.

iThat

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2011
Quoting directly from MuscleNerd's (long-time member of theiPhone Dev Team and current member of Evasi0n team) Twitter feed:

"Many people are misinformed about saved SHSH blobs. For most devices after iPhone4, they will NOT let you downgrade -- so avoid 6.1.2"

There's similar info on the iPhone Dev Team web site, even though it hasn't been updated for the latest round of jailbreaks. The bottom line is owners of A4 devices have more flexibility with regard to downgrading than owners of A5 devices.

Well that info would be a little misleading or atleast partially incomplete.
If you have BOTH 5.0.1 and 5.1OR5.1.1 blobs you CAN downgrade.
I've tested it with 6.0.1 successfully can't speak personally for 6.1x

But anyways if apple patched this they MOST probably did it in 6.1.1 so stay FAR away from 6.1.1 if you are on 6.0/6.0.1/6.1 and your battery and/or wifi is ok.

So what version introduced the exchange bug ? or was is 6.0 altogether ?
I use emClient and they have their own exchange service. I want to continue to use them.

Last edited:

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
Well that info would be a little misleading or atleast partially incomplete.
If you have BOTH 5.0.1 and 5.1OR5.1.1 blobs you CAN downgrade.
I've tested it with 6.0.1 successfully can't speak personally for 6.1x.

Well, people can either listen to the actual jailbreak folks or listen to you. Here's another unambiguous quote - from saurik himself - on the subject:

"As of February 21, 2013, there is no way to downgrade from iOS 6.x to older versions of 6.x on newer devices (eligible older devices are iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch 4th generation), or to downgrade newer devices from iOS 6.x to 5.x — even if you have SHSH blobs. Cydia still tries to save SHSH blobs in case a downgrading method becomes available later."

So - as I said before - A4 devices can do it, A5 cannot.

JohnPanda

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2012
A lot of sites spreading rumors about to download evasi0n for latest ios versions jailbreak. But the team evad3rs itself confirmed that it will only be released once Apple made iOS 7 to the public along with iPhone 5S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.