Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Interesting.

I think Japan display = iPhone 5 (one of them)

Possibly, you may also find the below article interesting which suggests that the next ipad screens will be coming from Nitto Denko, Nissha, TPK & Hon Hai (Foxconn).

http://www.macotakara.jp/blog/rumor/entry-19257.html

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
There's so much mystery behind it on ipad and iPhones as well.

On retina Mbp, it's pretty straight forward -- Samsung and lg.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
There's so much mystery behind it on ipad and iPhones as well.

On retina Mbp, it's pretty straight forward -- Samsung and lg.

I think most companies do like to keep quiet about their supply chain as far as possible as they like to keep their own brand up front. If we knew exactly what components were being used in which devices, I'm sure that would influence what people buy.

Apple along with most other electronics manufacturers these days basically put together different components available on the market in new and innovative ways.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Yep that's why it was crucial for companies to help sharp out when they were in a financial pickle last year.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Yep that's why it was crucial for companies to help sharp out when they were in a financial pickle last year.

I think IGZO has a lot of potential but no ones really taken advantage of it yet. I don't think there are any IGZO products available yet outside Asia, although that's probably partly to do with manufacturing constraints.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I will be excited for it too

But if ipad 5 is internally pretty much the same (a6x, 1gb) I might hold onto my 4.

I don't like getting same generations of silicone repackaged.. Ipad 3, even though I loved/love it, never again. I felt weird about going even a5 to a5x and same body as ipad 2 but soooo worth it for the screen (after endless swaps)

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
I will be excited for it too

But if ipad 5 is internally pretty much the same (a6x, 1gb) I might hold onto my 4.

I don't like getting same generations of silicone repackaged.. Ipad 3, even though I loved/love it, never again. I felt weird about going even a5 to a5x and same body as ipad 2 but soooo worth it for the screen (after endless swaps)

I think iPad 5s likely to have A7x and will probable be out summer or fall. What were the screen issues you had? Was it image retention?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah slight image retention on the 4 when testing for it

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.