Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wlow3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I upgraded to iTunes 11.0.2 and I noticed that my Unplayed Podcast count in the sidebar has jumped from 80 to over 650, so then I looked to see what's up and evidently iTunes now has marked all Available podcasts (i.e., podcasts available for download but not yet downloaded) as Unplayed podcast, which means that they all get the blue dot now - even the ones that I have not downloaded.

Then I decide to download a podcast (by clicking on the respective downward arrow by the title) to see if that resets anything and it doesn't work. Instead, the blue dot is replaced by a circle with an exclamation point with no further explanation. What a buggy piece of *****.

Anyone else having problems like this?

Edit:

Now I'm getting podcasts to download but making the Unplayed count essentially a podcast "Available" count makes the count all but worthless.

I can also right click and mark these available podcasts as "Marked as played." What a mess.

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Podcast handling 11.0.2 was totally unworkable for me so I backdated to 11.0.1.

dammerl

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Europe
Now I'm getting podcasts to download but making the Unplayed count essentially a podcast "Available" count makes the count all but worthless.

I entirely agree.

I'm sure it is a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Interestingly, there was a silent update overnight. Installed version as seen in "about iTunes" was 11.0.2 (25) and is now 11.0.2 (26) which seems to solve this on the 2 computers I've tested.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is there a way to force this "silent" update to happen? I still have rev 25 …

I just redownloaded from Apple and ran the installer. I don't think there's a way to get it to update automatically.

dammerl

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Europe
Yes. I already forgot that we can still download manually, without Software Update / AppStore ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.