Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
If the only fixes are Japanese maps issues and passcode bug, does it really need to go through two betas?
Apple Maps in Japan is particularly awful. As poorly as the roads are drawn, the trains are even worse! No amount of "improvements" will ever fix this.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
The wake from sleep issue still not fixed.

What "wake from sleep" issue?

Seriously. With EVERY release, people do this. Wake from sleep issue not fixed! WiFi issue not fixed! Battery drain issue not fixed! Rattling sound issue not fixed! Facebook app crash not fixed! GPS issue not fixed! Fart smell issue not fixed! Yellow-blotch-in-photos that is DEVASTATING THE COMMUNITY not fixed!

Where can I read about all these issues?

EVERY release is then followed up by posts like "EXXXXTREME BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE REMAINS!" and "Safari is snappier!"

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007

Seriously. With EVERY release, people do this. Wake from sleep issue not fixed! WiFi issue not fixed! Battery drain issue not fixed! Rattling sound issue not fixed! Facebook app crash not fixed! GPS issue not fixed! Fart smell issue not fixed! Yellow-blotch-in-photos that is DEVASTATING THE COMMUNITY not fixed!

EVERY release is then followed up by posts like "EXXXXTREME BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE REMAINS!" and "Safari is snappier!"

I have a wake for sleep issue where it makes the screen dark as hell. I have to hit the sleep button up top to sleep it and get the screen back to normal. It's a bug with the autodimming/brightening feature.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. My iPhone 5 seems to be working perfectly fine on 6.1 but I do notice wifi being a bit slow sometimes.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
So is every country going to get its own point release for improvements to Maps? It's gonna take them a long time to improve it at this rate.

Was hoping for 10.8.3 today but I guess it's unlikely now since we're past 10am Cupertino time.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
I have a wake for sleep issue where it makes the screen dark as hell. I have to hit the sleep button up top to sleep it and get the screen back to normal. It's a bug with the autodimming/brightening feature.

I thought that was a side-effect from one of the jailbreak apps (NCSettings, etc).

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
All these updates? Seriously? Could they not have gotten all of this right within one update?

Wouldn't have happened under Jobs! :apple:

Said the person that has never done software development...

----------

I would say if your phone is doing this to have it checked by Apple...

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
It won't be too long until people recount "memories" of him walking on water and feeding 10,000 people from 5 magic mice and a MacBook Air!

I heard it was 2 MacBook Airs, and that only 1 of those people said "Thank you!"

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Said the person that has never done software development...

----------

I would say if your phone is doing this to have it checked by Apple...

Yeah my phone has been doing that intermittently ever since iOS 6 was released. It's not very common though and only takes a second to fix it. Wonder how widespread the issue is...

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
All these updates? Seriously? Could they not have gotten all of this right within one update?

Lucky thing Jobs was perfect.

And everything Jobs did was perfect.

And every idea Jobs had was perfect.

And every product and service made under Jobs was perfect.

Every bit of software produced under Jobs was perfect.

In fact, Life itself, under Jobs, was perfect.

If everything wasn't perfect under Jobs, worshipping Jobs might seem...well...silly.

:rolleyes:

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
I feel this is really what apple shoudl be working on. Refining their OS before they start working on new features.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
What issues?

There are several. One is the fact that the phone won't remember the password or recognize the router once you disconnect from the Wifi. It simply won't automatically reconnect, even though you've done it before and it should remember it.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
There are several. One is the fact that the phone won't remember the password or recognize the router once you disconnect from the Wifi. It simply won't automatically reconnect, even though you've done it before and it should remember it.

Mine did that the other day. Never did it before.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
I've had this issue too. I have to open up Settings before it "remembers" to re-connect. Sometimes it even drops off for no reason whatsoever. It's very frustrating. :(

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007

Maybe not, but he was there was an iTunes update deleted data on all external drives with a space in their name. :)

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Yeah my phone has been doing that intermittently ever since iOS 6 was released. It's not very common though and only takes a second to fix it. Wonder how widespread the issue is...

I've had this happen on both my iPad 3 and iPhone 4S since updating to iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.