Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
When you put all your eggs in one basket you fail..

I am sure you think you're making a point here, but I'm not seeing it.

You win! I lose!

Okay, now, come claim your internet prize!! You get to tell me why ZFS is important, in concrete specific terms.

And, there will be cake.

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
The core of Apple has never been about the so-called "pro users" to begin with. Jobs and Wozniak created the Apple I and Apple ][ with the idea of bringing computers to the masses; then Jobs perfected the idea when graphic UI was brought in with the original Mac.
The situation when Macs became the platform of choice for graphic and video professionals came later and its culmination coincided with the time when Apple struggled badly as a business.
The current picture of Apple's business is totally in line with that initial vision.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
the core of apple has never been about the so-called "pro users" to begin with. Jobs and wozniak created the apple i and apple ][ with the idea of bringing computers to the masses; then jobs perfected the idea when graphic ui was brought in with the original mac.
The situation when macs became the platform of choice for graphic and video professionals came later and its culmination coincided with the time when apple struggled badly as a business.
The current picture of apple's business is totally in line with that initial vision.

+1

freejazz-man

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
wow - never heard more BS in my life.

Jobs perfected the idea when he brought the UI into the mac?

Is this macrumors or a house of worship?

It wasn't an idealistic endeavor, it was a business. It wasn't for the good of humanity, it was to make money. If it wasn't jobs it would have been someone else. The reality of computation dictated ever smaller more powerful computers. Jobs didn't bring computers into the home, science did. It was inevitable.

They called the company Apple Computers back then. That company that you are both referring to is dead. That spirit is dead. Jobs is dead and so is any ridiculous vision you retroactively ascribe to him.

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
No I'm really not. When an article says things like "Aperture is unusable on dual monitors" I ignore it.

I have dual monitors, I have Aperture. It works just fine. Just more "Its trendy to hate Apple so I'm going to do it" garbage.

This guy is on our side, he tests and checks out all the things that we do not have time for, and informs of any issues that he finds this is a brief summary of what he does he is not Apple bashing for the sake of it he is an Apple fan himself.
For some users Apple's direction and and the software hiccups of late have left a slightly bitter taste
Pleased your Aperture setup works well for you, i found it a resource hog and and things like the loupe tool never seemed to work very well (this was quite a while ago) and enter LR and for me Aperture was just didn't cut it, (i wanted to like it as well)

astrorider

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2008
wow - never heard more BS in my life.

Jobs perfected the idea when he brought the UI into the mac?

Is this macrumors or a house of worship?

It wasn't an idealistic endeavor, it was a business. It wasn't for the good of humanity, it was to make money. If it wasn't jobs it would have been someone else. The reality of computation dictated ever smaller more powerful computers. Jobs didn't bring computers into the home, science did. It was inevitable.

They called the company Apple Computers back then. That company that you are both referring to is dead. That spirit is dead. Jobs is dead and so is any ridiculous vision you retroactively ascribe to him.

When the drumbeat of "Apple is dead" gets the loudest, it's historically been a good time to buy their stock. And of course those beating the drum end up looking like fools.

freejazz-man

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
meh, I bought their stock when it was $12, so don't play that game with me. I made out quite well as I still own all of it.

I'm not lamenting the death of Apple, I'm lamenting the death of Apple Computers. I'm sure people at whatever company they will continue to call it will still make money.

Apple will continue to develop new products, and every year less of them will be computers. Every year less of what Apple provides is going to be relevant to my computational life. iPhones are great, but I really don't give a damn and I'd be fine with android. Any serious mobile market analyst knows Apple's marketshare isn't tenable for very long.

If you still think their stock is going to significantly appreciate in a way that it did when I first bought it (a stock split and a 3700% return - this is with today's price, not the historical high which they are not near for reasons that appear to be beyond your understanding), I've got a few bridges to sell you. So beat your drum, it doesn't actually make you seem prescient.

Last edited:

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
When the drumbeat of "Apple is dead" gets the loudest, it's historically been a good time to buy their stock. And of course those beating the drum end up looking like fools.

And you are missing his point completley. Also... would you say that the "Apple is dead" drumbeat was the loudest over the past couple of months? Mainly on the street while the stock tumbled and lost nearly $300 USD the entire ride down? Was it a "Solid buy" during the entire decline?

jesseluke

macrumors newbie
I am moving from Apples BIGGEST fan to a VERY pissed off since Steve Jobs passed away. I have now filed over 22 complaints about features that USED to work, and now they don't.

When I call customer support, I end up spending hours of time, and get nowhere. They make me re-install, re-start, etc. etc., and it does not solve the problem.

I go to the apple store, and they are not very helpful any more either. They can't help with this, or that, or expect me to do all the re-installing that didn't work in the first place.

What happened to "It just works"?

Is plainly DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

The days of finding work around for my SE-30 should be long gone. This stuff is NOT rocket science anymore.

The NEW & IMPROVED Apple is only good for the shareholders, they have forgotten about US, the very people who made them.

I for one am sick of being Apple's toilet. STOP ******** ON ME !!!!!

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
Facts.

Microsoft has the best development IDE - Visual Studio, the best programming language - C#

but...

Apple has the best API with Core Libraries. You have to bite the bullet of XCode/Objective-C to get at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.