Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
My start date is March 4th, what are the paydates

We are paid every 2 weeks. For the month of March, we get paid on the 1st, the 15th and the 29th. When you start, go ahead and process your direct deposit. Double and triple check it to ensure the numbers are correct to avoid any sort of delay getting that setup.

----------

Hello, everybody! I've also been reading this thread for a while now, but I've a couple of questions. I had my interview one week ago now, and I received the background request e-mail a day later.

Now, during my interview we did a 'mock' telephone call, but I wasn't particularly 'empathic' as I believe I should've been (or what I've read up to this point in what they're looking for). :rolleyes:

The interviewer told me I'd hear back in two weeks, but it seems most of the people here who've been hired heard back within a shorter time frame. It's been a week already, and I'm really worried I'm not going to get the gig. :(

Keep in mind, I'm a student. Nonetheless, there was never any mention of a possible second interview, and I haven't received any follow up e-mail, or even the [:eek:] dreaded e-mail.

Any feedback would be nice. Thank you all! ;)

Don't give up hope until you receive the "thanks for playing" email. Remember they have tons of people to weed through and some of them have no clue what empathy is. Just remember to lay it on nice and thick for your next interview. Sincerity also goes a long way with dealing with customers.

Shark232

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
Has anyone know or has used the Verizon Home Connect has their dedicated home office phone??

If it does VoIP then you can't use it. I was thinking of using it since I have Verizon for everything but during the call they said it has to be a standard phone jack from the wall with no features no voicemail, just make and receive calls

jen2k13

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
has anyone from the class of 3/18 not recieved an offer call yet?....my background check status was shown as complete last thursday and nothing so far

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
If it does VoIP then you can't use it. I was thinking of using it since I have Verizon for everything but during the call they said it has to be a standard phone jack from the wall with no features no voicemail, just make and receive calls

That Service is not Voip its cellular that you can connect to a homephone im not 100% but most likely that will not be acceptable.

kenshinbg

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Hi everyone,

I just signed up here so I could add my info to the mix. I've been following this thread for a while now and most of the info seems pretty accurate. I'll just share my timeline first, since it sounds like the process hasn't been exactly the same for all of us.

I received an email from my university on February 6th, indicating that Apple was recruiting students for the at-home advisor position. I'm an online student, far away from campus, so normally I don't get to partake in campus recruiting. The fact that Apple was reaching beyond the campus, for a job that obviously requires no physical connection to a campus, was appealing to me.

Some time within the next day or two, I followed the link in the email and created a profile on the Apple jobs site. During that process I was asked for some basic information and I also uploaded a resume.

A few days after that initial application, I received an email with a link to a questionnaire that contained some basic computer questions and other info. I don't recall all of the specifics, but those have been discussed here anyway. My point is that this was my second point of contact with Apple and it came rather quickly.

On February 14th (last Thursday), I received another email from Apple, asking me to choose a time for an interview on the following Monday. I could select Facetime or Skype or, alternatively, arrange a phone interview. I chose Skype and provided them with my username. The website also told me to be on the lookout for an email with a link to an official application. I thought I had already filled out an official application, but I had not.

On Friday (2/15) I got the following email:

"Prior to the next step in your interview process, we would like you to complete our official Apple Application for Employment. This is separate from you creating an online profile and applying to the At-Home Advisor position, which you have already done.

To get started, visit Apple - Jobs at Apple and sign in using your Apple ID. Next, complete your employment application by clicking My Application. Some information will be populated from your profile for your convenience.

Thanks again for your interest in a career at Apple.

Regards,

Apple Worldwide Recruiting"

So that was last Friday, just over a week after I sent the initial application. I responded quickly and filled out the second application as directed.

My Skype interview was this Monday. My laptop with the built-in webcam crashed on Sunday night, of course, so I had to buy a webcam for my other computer, but otherwise the interview went off without any trouble. I've never gone to a job interview without wearing a suit before, but since I was at home I decided on a simple shirt and tie. The manager doing the interview asked me to take off the tie before we started.

Some of my questions were similar to the ones described here (RAM/ROM, email won't work, etc.) while most of them really just seemed like the guy was trying to get to know me. In the little role playing thing, my mind immediately went to the "customer's" personal situation rather than his computer, so I was concerned that I had screwed up. Before we even got to the computer, the scenario was over and we went back to the regular interview. For this reason I thought I had botched it, but many of the posts in this thread seem to suggest otherwise.

Earlier today I got the email from HireRight, asking for personal details and to authorize the background check. This may derail me, since I do have a misdemeanor impaired driving conviction on my record, but the application only asked about felonies, so I don't know. I know my former employers will speak highly of me and my personal references are solid.

I was told that training would begin in late May or early June, but this is because I'm a full-time student and they don't start training for us until the Spring term is over.

I just thought I'd add this to the discussion since my total timeline has been quite a bit shorter than a lot of people have mentioned. I also only had one interview.

Side notes, for what they're worth:
No Apple or Mac experience, but quite a lot of PC experience
No prior employment that would relate directly to this job, aside from ten years as a restaurant manager (customer service, problem solving, etc.)
No plans to travel during summer or winter break, which I think is a pretty big deal for them

So anyhow, yeah, that's where I stand. It sounds like the background check is the final hurdle. Should be okay, but as the Zen master said... we'll see.

Thanks for posting this detailed description. I am currently in the same situation as a full-time student and received the HireRight email yesterday after completing a single interview with a team manager.

luv4musiq

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013

It's not Voip. It's basically the same as using your cell phone at home but with a cordless or wired handset connected to the home connect box.

biggeneral15

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
Hireright issues

Hello Everyone,

Just had my background check update, and they found an issue with the dates I worked at an internship I had like 6 years ago. I obviously don't have any W2's, pay stubs, etc. and didn't file a tax return on it because I made under the necessary amount to be required to. So pretty much I have no record of showing the dates I was there.... anyone have any suggestions as to how to remedy this issue or am I just screwed now? :confused::eek:

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Official application

I just received the official application to fill prior to my 3rd interview.
I see that you need to enter the Phone # to make verification for my current employer.

I just entered my manager's phone # because I was't sure what else to put but I noticed my manager doesnt really answer a # that she doesnt recognize... sigh...

In this case should I tell my manager "hey btw I am applying for a job at Apple and you will receive a call to verify my current employment status" ?

Since I have not been hired yet... I dont feel comfortable telling my current employer but how did you all get this worked out?

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
I just received the official application to fill prior to my 3rd interview.
I see that you need to enter the Phone # to make verification for my current employer.

I just entered my manager's phone # because I was't sure what else to put but I noticed my manager doesnt really answer a # that she doesnt recognize... sigh...

In this case should I tell my manager "hey btw I am applying for a job at Apple and you will receive a call to verify my current employment status" ?

Since I have not been hired yet... I dont feel comfortable telling my current employer but how did you all get this worked out?

That depends on where you work. usually employment verifications are handled by HR not your direct superior. if you work at a small company and there is not a verification process in place then i would advise your manager that your applying for a loan or something like that and he/she may receive a call to verify employment history.

----------

Hello Everyone,

Just had my background check update, and they found an issue with the dates I worked at an internship I had like 6 years ago. I obviously don't have any W2's, pay stubs, etc. and didn't file a tax return on it because I made under the necessary amount to be required to. So pretty much I have no record of showing the dates I was there.... anyone have any suggestions as to how to remedy this issue or am I just screwed now? :confused::eek:

Your just screwed:p Lmao Its not that serious Hireright will report they were unable to verify and apple will make a hiring decision.

biggeneral15

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
That depends on where you work. usually employment verifications are handled by HR not your direct superior. if you work at a small company and there is not a verification process in place then i would advise your manager that your applying for a loan or something like that and he/she may receive a call to verify employment history.

----------

Your just screwed:p Lmao Its not that serious Hireright will report they were unable to verify and apple will make a hiring decision.

Hope you're right. Thanks for the input. Now just the waiting game lol

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Does anyone know what the schedules are for part time. Like how many hours a day you work? I've worked part time where I only worked 3 days a week for 7.5 hours and I wasn't sure how apple worked.

DirtyHobo

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2013
Does anyone know what the schedules are for part time. Like how many hours a day you work? I've worked part time where I only worked 3 days a week for 7.5 hours and I wasn't sure how apple worked.

3 four hour shifts during the week plus 1 eight hour shift on a weekend day.

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013

Applying for a loan! sounds good :cool:

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
It's not Voip. It's basically the same as using your cell phone at home but with a cordless or wired handset connected to the home connect box.

And cellphones are not an acceptable method for your 2nd phoneline. The phone has to be hardwired, just like your computer has to be hardwired.

LadyZX6R

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
I've been doing the AHA Advisor thing since April, hoping to get extended another year! Thats one more thing is its a one year thing and then near that end time they'll choose to keep you or not. So work hard!

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
3 four hour shifts during the week plus 1 eight hour shift on a weekend day.

Great thank you. That would be an awesome schedule. I'm excited to have a part time schedule for now. 2nd interview not until Monday so *fingers crossed*

----------

I've been doing the AHA Advisor thing since April, hoping to get extended another year! Thats one more thing is its a one year thing and then near that end time they'll choose to keep you or not. So work hard!

Really? Do you have a contract that has to be renewed?

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012

Your in the student Aha Position Correct;) ?

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello, everybody! I've also been reading this thread for a while now, but I've a couple of questions. I had my interview one week ago now, and I received the background request e-mail a day later.

Now, during my interview we did a 'mock' telephone call, but I wasn't particularly 'empathic' as I believe I should've been (or what I've read up to this point in what they're looking for). :rolleyes:

The interviewer told me I'd hear back in two weeks, but it seems most of the people here who've been hired heard back within a shorter time frame. It's been a week already, and I'm really worried I'm not going to get the gig. :(

Keep in mind, I'm a student. Nonetheless, there was never any mention of a possible second interview, and I haven't received any follow up e-mail, or even the [:eek:] dreaded e-mail.

Any feedback would be nice. Thank you all! ;)

----------

Have you heard something back yet? :confused:

I haven't yet. I've been checking my email and caller Id like crazy. They have had my background info for about a week and a had now.

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013

I thought this is a permanent Job:eek:

DirtyHobo

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2013
Still no questionnaire :(

If you use Gmail, search your inbox for "apple" they sent me the questionnaire the next day, but I didn't respond until a month later because it had been sent to spam folder. If still nothing, you may want to try applying to multiple AHA postings.

----------

I haven't yet. I've been checking my email and caller Id like crazy. They have had my background info for about a week and a had now.

I am in the same boat. From previous postings it seems they tend to do a bunch of offer calls on the same day, the fact that we haven't gotten thanks for playing emails yet bodes well from what I've read. I'm hoping for tomorrow, but it seems like Tuesdays and Thursdays seem to be the most common "offer call" days from the dates I've looked up.

jonkss2

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2012
Just got an email asking for info lol I gave up and boom email. Think ill start off part time see how I like it. Wish me luck. They don't start until April however. works for me very excited but not getting my hopes up until I pass all these tests I hear are hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.