Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johbremat

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
My little corner.

sqjzbl.jpg

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
My hobby for the last few years is building scale sci-fi models. I'm currently working on this:

8133467620_42f2a6895c_c.jpg

8418685616_1c5dc1edcd_c.jpg

8480147823_a49b492808_c.jpg

It's a 1:350 scale USS Enterprise refit. It comes in at around 3 feet long. It'll be awesome when it's done, too!

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
This is freaking awesome. I am so looking to get a record player, the wife and myself have quite the collection but no player! :eek:
Look for a Technics 1200, or check out Pro-Ject and Rega.. both have excellent tables..

----------------------------------------------------
I have numerous amount of hobbies, but my current and most active one is audio.

head-fi setup.png

ranviper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
Thanks, another tower on my amazon wishlist. I'll bite the bullet some time this year.

Yeah man no problem. It's a smaller case, a tight fit, but with enough time and patience it can get real clean like man, and the exterior is still, IMHO, one of the best looking cases I've seen. I wish they'd make a full tower version.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Nice Beyer Dynamics. I have the 770 Pro's and I'm in love with them..

[url=http://just.razzi.me/photos/422436/615c253.jpg]Image[/URL]
Same to you. I enjoyed most of the Beyerdynamic line. I want to upgrade to either the T1 or an Audez'e LCD3, but for now, I am more than happy with this headphone. Just got to upgrade my DAC and headphone amplifier..

Thanks for the recommendation!!!!!
No problem! Let us know what you get and post a pic then afterwards!!! :)

Johbremat

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
This is freaking awesome. I am so looking to get a record player, the wife and myself have quite the collection but no player! :eek:
If you're looking to DJ, I'd recommend the Stanton ST-150. The Technics 1200 will always be revered, but now that's it's discontinued you'll either pay a pittance for used-and-average-condition; a fortune for mint/new; or luck out and get something in mint condition for a decent price. It gets pretty hit-and-miss for ANY product in the secondhand market.

If you want it for a Hi-Fi system my recommendations would be Marantz at the low-end, Rega in the middle and SME or Pro-Ject for money-is-no-object.

Is that an Asgaard on the left, upright? What's your opinion?

quite the setup...3 platers.. do you have any mixes i can listen to online?
No but I really should get to it. If I get something up I'll post it here or PM you.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Is that an Asgaard on the left, upright? What's your opinion?

Yes it's a Schiit Asgard . Fantastic little amp. It's so good, I haven't been using my tubed Woo Audio WA6 lately. BTW, they just came out with an improved version, the Asgard 2. It's still $249. Had a gain switch, pre-amp outputs, more power, and the outputs are now DC coupled. I'll probably sell mine and get it.

BTW, I made the wooden headphone stand / CD Player cover myself. I finally finished it in lacquer
DSC_4848_zps0a30ca6e.jpg

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Autocross / BMWs
autoxsig.jpg

Driving fast cars
86108658868133635674709.jpg

Guns
69202.jpg

Running
nikewatch.jpg

Computers / Technology
mbas.jpg

Computers / Technology (2)
nopsu.jpg

Home theater/XBMC
xbmcbetafront.jpg

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Autocross / BMWs

Driving fast cars

Guns

Running

Computers / Technology

Computers / Technology (2)

Home theater/XBMC

Love that computer case! great cable management. Who makes it? PS, great idea to label your hard drives
Is that a micro ATX motherboard? What power supply are you using? I gotta build one of those!

Last edited:

Charcoalwerks

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
Maryland
Incredible talent. Keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you very much. I've been slacking lately. My girlfriend dumped me and I'm going through depression right now. Time heals all.

----------

I sketch things with fineliners and markers:

Take my pictures on 35mm film:

Glide down trees on long sticks:

It's not easy sketching with fine liners. I know. Great work man!;)

Panthera Uncia

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
Amsterdam
awesome photo, you have a good eye

Thank you, worst weather ever do on that trip.

It's not easy sketching with fine liners. I know. Great work man!;)

Thank you very much, you are not to shabby as well ;), tried charcoal once, not my style (smudges everywhere :rolleyes:), I'll stick to pencil or fineliners.

Another few recent pieces that I did:

Woman%204.png

Woman%202.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.