Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOS, Android, BB10, or Windows for your next phone?

• Total voters

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
For your next phone will you buy an iPhone, an Android, BlackBerry 10, or a Windows phone
I will buy iPhone.

Edit: Removed "I will be using BlackBerry 10 for everything" tested BB10 doesn't work very good.

Last edited:

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Doesn't matter. Give me solid cross platform services and apps for communication, sharing, media etc and i would take the one with the best hardware build quality, camera, battery life and be done with it.

With the tablet i might just stick to an iPad or see how well the second gen N7 or N10 does.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I'm os agnostic. As long as it does what I need it to do I don't really care. Last time it was iOS. This time is android. If HTC releases a successor to the 8x that would peak my interest.

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
Just got the 8X Windows Phone recently so I voted that, but who knows what my next will be. Thats pretty far from now.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If it's not an iPhone - then probably the Sony Xperia Z.

I got confirmation the xperia Z is ready to ship in Europe today from Expansys, however I decided to cancel my order - and go for the HTC one instead.

I'll probably get the iPhone 5S or 6 ths year too.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I just picked up a Nexus 4 - so my next phone will be an iPhone. Upgrade available in September, but probably won't jump on the 5S. My 5 is plenty - if the larger 6 comes out this year, I might get that.

Otherwise I'll be waiting until next year for a new phone!

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
If Apple only brings a 5S, I'll likely go with the GS4 or Note II. Or maybe the Motorola-Google X-phone.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I just went to my local ATT store as I will be getting a phone since I killed my old 3g hold me over iphone. Thinking about trying something new although I'm all apple at home (Macbook pro/ ipad). So I went spent about 30 min checking out the android offerings. Three or so swipes in and the android UI just felt and looked really old to me, it totally reminded me of my old samsung Soltice but with a sharper image, the movement of the pages and screens etc didn't feel silky smooth like IOS. Then I went over to the few windows phone (Nokia 920/ HTC 8X)
and totally loved the UI, both of the phones felt smooth and silky, its brighter, fresh, and modern. I quickly realized that Android is NOT for me.
I now need to go do some research on the two.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
I dont get why people still use Blackberry, did I get sent back to the year 2000?

I know people say, ITS A GREAT EMAIL MACHINE!!

LOL, is that seriously their best reason?

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
For your next phone will you buy an iPhone, an Android, BlackBerry 10, or a Windows phone

I will be using both BlackBerry 10 for work and iPhone for everything else.

I'll let you know when it is time for me to get a new phone. Just got my current one last summer, so I do not expect to need a new one until next year at the earliest. Who knows how the phone landscape will change by then.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
I just went to my local ATT store as I will be getting a phone since I killed my old 3g hold me over iphone. Thinking about trying something new although I'm all apple at home (Macbook pro/ ipad). So I went spent about 30 min checking out the android offerings. Three or so swipes in and the android UI just felt and looked really old to me, it totally reminded me of my old samsung Soltice but with a sharper image, the movement of the pages and screens etc didn't feel silky smooth like IOS. Then I went over to the few windows phone (Nokia 920/ HTC 8X)
and totally loved the UI, both of the phones felt smooth and silky, its brighter, fresh, and modern. I quickly realized that Android is NOT for me.
I now need to go do some research on the two.

Hmm I would get the Lumia too, but I do like google services and google and ms are battling it out instead of partnering :(. So because of the lack of that, I am planning to pick up a nexus 4 and switch my ip5 to an ipad mini.

Problem is most probably you won't see the nexus in a carrier store, to enjoy its beauty. I call it the "iPhone of the android world".

May be the windows phone situation will be better next year.

thecurryman

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2012
Easily Blackberry 10...

ios is boring, have had 5 iterations of iphone and its old now

Android- have it now on Note 2 and its basically a toy...

Wp8- had Wp7 phones and they sucked...tried nokia 720 and the metro is just not my style

I need a phone that can handle a serious amount of messaging (text, whatsapp, email etc...) and no other phone can do that besides blackberry. Plus the hub looks really nice and simple and gestures are the future!

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I am always open to what will be coming out but it looks like it most likely will be Android. And could be the GS4 or Nexus 5....or the LG Optimus Pro.

EmaDaCuz

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2012
I will try to get my hands on a Lumia 620 today.
BB10 is intriguing but I am not gonna spend 500 euros on a phone.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Android = no way, unless performance reaches the same levels as iOS and WP/W8.

All the rest I'm open to, just depends if I can get the software I want on the platform. That's why, at the moment, I go for Windows on the desktop and iOS on phones- the software selection is unparalleled, and performance is solid.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
1) iOS
2) W8

Never Android or BB, I'm stubborn on that one. I tried Android, didn't liked it. Have to admit its a while ago but iOS is fine for me; no need to change the Eco system.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
iOS.. The Eco system between my other Apple products is still fine for my needs. In the very unlikely situation which I decide to pick up a windows pc in the future, I might consider the BB z10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.