Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Hello

So i started to play diablo 3 again today.

For some reason, it lags from time to time. It drops from 60fps to 30fps in intervals. I thought oh well, have to turn down the settings, but even if i run it all on low the same thing happens.

Is this lag because of "always on" blizzard policy or is it hardware lag due to lack of powerful hardware.

I runned at 1680x1050, high on everything except shadows, shadows was to off. And clutter density was medium, Well under the geforce experience suggested.

But i still get massive drops in frames from time to time.

I runned tempeature stuff in the background, and it said 89C on the CPU, and max 77 on the gpu.

Whats going on :p

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
why would a admin move this post when its rmbp hardware related...

sigh

Newfiejudd

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Hello

So i started to play diablo 3 again today.

For some reason, it lags from time to time. It drops from 60fps to 30fps in intervals. I thought oh well, have to turn down the settings, but even if i run it all on low the same thing happens.

Is this lag because of "always on" blizzard policy or is it hardware lag due to lack of powerful hardware.

I runned at 1680x1050, high on everything except shadows, shadows was to off. And clutter density was medium, Well under the geforce experience suggested.

But i still get massive drops in frames from time to time.

I runned tempeature stuff in the background, and it said 89C on the CPU, and max 77 on the gpu.

Whats going on :p

You might want to check if you GPU is down clocking. You can use Nvidia Inspector to keep an eye on your clock speeds. Also you might want to try reseting your SMC.

Also download Lubo's Fan control and put your fan speeds to max.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
You might want to check if you GPU is down clocking. You can use Nvidia Inspector to keep an eye on your clock speeds. Also you might want to try reseting your SMC.

Also download Lubo's Fan control and put your fan speeds to max.

thanks that solved the problem :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.