Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crgraham32

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
Kentucky
Well... coming late to the party, because I have been saving to buy my first iMac. Ordered my iMac a few hours ago. It's currently listed with a 22/03/2013 - 03/04/2013 delivery date. I have been waiting for a year to make this order, so a bit more time won't be too agonizing... may be ;)

I think you are in for a sad awakening! :D

I had to save up too and that part was bad enough, but the wait after was even worse! :eek: I think because I had finally accomplished my goal and was ready to go, but now I have to wait even longer. My card has finally been charged (as of this morning), so I am hoping to have it next week sometime. (Ordered February 6th)

iMacfly

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Well... coming late to the party, because I have been saving to buy my first iMac. Ordered my iMac a few hours ago. It's currently listed with a 22/03/2013 - 03/04/2013 delivery date. I have been waiting for a year to make this order, so a bit more time won't be too agonizing... may be ;)

Figure 16-18 days B4 your cc gets charged, an another 3-5 days B4 it arrives to your door.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Well I'm learning the hard way that there is a big difference between "Authorizing" and "Charging" you credit card. If they are authorizing the charge it may be days before they even begin preparing. Once they charge your card the machine should be shipping. My card was authorized (temporary charge) 4 days ago and I haven't had any progress on the preparation.

RebornTheGame

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
Qld, Australia
Figure 16-18 days B4 your cc gets charged, an another 3-5 days B4 it arrives to your door.

I take solace in the fact that, in the meantime:

* I continue to love my rMBP;
* can buy a few bits of kit that I have selected for my iMac; and
* can start saving for other, albeit more boring, household expenditure.

But I am realist enough to know I am going to drive my family nuts during the wait.

AppleAviator

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
California
Well I'm learning the hard way that there is a big difference between "Authorizing" and "Charging" you credit card. If they are authorizing the charge it may be days before they even begin preparing. Once they charge your card the machine should be shipping. My card was authorized (temporary charge) 4 days ago and I haven't had any progress on the preparation.

An authorization for my iMac was put on my card on 2/19/13, and just "prepared" & "shipped" today. So you should be next, we ordered same day.

youeyemind

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2013
Shipped

Mine shipped last night but I expected it fron china. Mine started in California. Should be a shorter trip to TN. How many of you guys have assembled in US as apparently mine is?

I thought all shipping was upgraded per other posts but mine says it will be delivered the 28th.

Thoughts?

AppleAviator

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
California
Mine shipped last night but I expected it fron china. Mine started in California. Should be a shorter trip to TN. How many of you guys have assembled in US as apparently mine is?

I thought all shipping was upgraded per other posts but mine says it will be delivered the 28th.

Thoughts?

Fedex says mine was shipped from Fremont, CA. Now before the tracking number was active, the delivery time shown on the email from Apple said it would be delivered on the 28th (first day of my expected delivery window). I checked the tracking number this morning and it has an estimated delivery of Tuesday the 26th.

I'll let you guys know if it happens to be one assembled in USA.

Last edited:

caryScript

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
crap

Ordered Feb. 5

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB RAM
3TB Serial ATA
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB

Have been checking daily (sometimes 2 or 3 times), and thanks to this thread, I finally checked my credit card. Posted yesterday!

But still has not updated on the website. So hopefully I'll be up and running by EOW next week. And be too busy to hang with my visiting in-laws.

Apparently there IS a big difference between authorizing and posting a charge. I've been authorized on the purchase since the 20th, but nothing has changed yet.

Jonathan20022

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
So my Delivery estimate got pushed back another week which was pretty frustrating when this was happening on here...

Shipped. 9 days? 3-4 weeks my foot. I'm in Oklahoma,USA.

Originally Posted by Mobious
Ordered February 12th from MacMall. 3-4 weeks delivery. My first Mac.

Quad-Core Intel Core i7 3.4GHz, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 SDRAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, 27" LED-backlit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX graphics.

So I called to find out what's been going on, I have the same exact configuration sans the Fusion Drive. 2 People just told me they had no clue why mine was taking this long when others were getting theirs that quick. "It takes 3-4 weeks to build and deliver sir", over and over again no matter how many times I asked the question. So I called back a second time, and the young woman who was on the other end (Terry), was extremely helpful. She gave me a detailed answer as to why it was taking longer for mine to be processed and shipped. After that as I was about to end the conversation, she mentioned that she bumped my shipping up to two day shipping and threw in a free track pad for the inconvenience.

Right after the call it is now preparing for shipment! That was unexpected, pretty glad it's going to be delivered this upcoming week!

Skyjamma

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
Maryland
Just Placed My Order......#Yeh-AAHH!

Order placed a few minutes ago, on 2/23/2013. Specs are as follows:

3.4GHz Quad-core i7, Boost to 3.9GHz
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Apple Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad
Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
Apple Battery Charger
Accessory Kit

Available to ship in 3 - 4 weeks. Delivery time frame given was March 25 to Apr 2. We'll see

#ItsONregardless!! :D

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Hey everybody, latest addition to the February thread.

27" 3.4 i7, 8gb, 1TB Fusion, 680MX

Ordered on February 2nd, 2013

Delivery dates: Feb 28 - Mar 7

Card Charged: 2/20/13

Counting the days till it ships! (the wait is killing me btw...) ;)

Just from Apple store they have your configuration in stock available. Don't count days, call your local store.

Ipadilac

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Minnesota
Guys, please update the document if you have updated information on imac. It would be a great help to us all those who keep on waiting.

If you are talking about that thing on google.. I tried addin my order to it.. never seen it get added.. so I dunno what I am doing I guess..

tri-x

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2013
Melbourne
Long time listener, first time caller.

Ordered my 27" 3.4 GHz, 1TB Fusion, 680MX on February 11 through an Australian reseller. No estimated delivery date as the email was sent to the reseller not to me, but order status is showing 3-4 weeks (likely delivery middle of March).

Chinese New Year is probably not doing iMac purchasers any favours!

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
I saw in store that 27" imac is more bright than 21.5" ? i thought is the same technology

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
FINALLY preparing. :D I know my first ETA date isn't here yet, but it took 4 days after they authorized my cc and I was starting to worry. WooHoo. Now I get to see if it was assembled in California and more importantly if I get a flawless machine. Keepin' my fingers crossed.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
I saw in store that 27" imac is more bright than 21.5" ? i thought is the same technology

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
This one's headed to South Florida - My client's Mac
Should arrive 4 days ahead of the earliest date in the original description (Mar 5)

Ordered Feb 4 - Shipped Feb 24

• 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
• 1TB Fusion Drive
• NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
• APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
• Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
Ireland here, home of the Apple Call Centre in Cork ! ;)

27-inch iMac - Ships: 4 - 6 weeks Delivers 28 Mar, 2013 - 10 Apr, 2013

Configuration

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
Apple Battery Charger
768GB Flash Storage

Accessory Kit
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Apple Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad

I had to cancel my original February order, and then re-ordered again a week ago on a 3Tb Fusion, but I had a nagging feeling I should have went all SSD, so third time lucky for me !

Ordered Applecare from an ebay seller with 100% feedback, next on my list will be the LaCie SSD 1 Tb Little Big Disk for backup.

gzigoris

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2013
Middle MI.USA
I think you are in for a sad awakening! :D

I had to save up too and that part was bad enough, but the wait after was even worse! :eek: I think because I had finally accomplished my goal and was ready to go, but now I have to wait even longer. My card has finally been charged (as of this morning), so I am hoping to have it next week sometime. (Ordered February 6th)

I have to check my card now. I ordered on the 8th. Man chomping at the bit to get that baby. Checked card and it says "Pending" as of 2/22/13. It's getting interesting.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.