Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
Only applicable to UK members so far as I'm aware...

I need a new SIM card for my iPad Mini and was eyeing up Orange for the Orange Wednesday cinema tickets.

Will I be able to claim Orange Wednesdays for an iPad SIM? Will it need to be Pay and Go, Contract (Data) or Contract (All)?

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
Only applicable to UK members so far as I'm aware...

I need a new SIM card for my iPad Mini and was eyeing up Orange for the Orange Wednesday cinema tickets.

Will I be able to claim Orange Wednesdays for an iPad SIM? Will it need to be Pay and Go, Contract (Data) or Contract (All)?

Just be careful, I'm with EE and the offer doesn't work. It's supposed to, but the flaw in the system is that the network sends a text out to your device. The problem is the iPad doesn't receive texts.

Orange use a different app, but just be sure it will work before you commit

Orange also charge £10 for a measly 1Gig. EE will give you 4G speeds instead of Orange's 3G, and for £6 more (£15.99) you'll get 5Gig. They're giving a month away free at the moment too.

3 do good deals, if you travel I'd avoid Vodafone and O2. Their 3G networks are poor for national footprint.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
EE will give you 4G speeds instead of Orange's 3G, and for £6 more (£15.99) you'll get 5Gig. They're giving a month away free at the moment too.

I signed up for this deal today. As it turns out, you can swap the SIM card to an unlocked phone, receive the text message and swap it back out again. It may be time consuming and a massive pain in the arse, but still...

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
I signed up for this deal today. As it turns out, you can swap the SIM card to an unlocked phone, receive the text message and swap it back out again. It may be time consuming and a massive pain in the arse, but still...

Thanks for the info. I use an iPhone 4S though, which takes a micro sim, the iPhone 5 takes a nano sim. Unless I upgrade to an iPhone 5, I still have the same problem. I'm toying with the idea, it's just a shame T Mobioe don't have access to the 2-4-1 deal (my current mobile provider).

Fed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
Thanks for the info. I use an iPhone 4S though, which takes a micro sim, the iPhone 5 takes a nano sim. Unless I upgrade to an iPhone 5, I still have the same problem. I'm toying with the idea, it's just a shame T Mobioe don't have access to the 2-4-1 deal (my current mobile provider).

That's of no use to yourself then! I swapped it out of the iPad to the iPhone 5 and it worked - got the code. However it cost £0.35 to receive the text and I had to send a STOP message to the number to opt out of their reminders. Hoping they don't screw me over with those texts given its a data only plan.

The online chat guy informed me that they're working on a way to send the codes without the text. Not sure if he's feeding me BS or...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.