Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Bah! I have two Southampton midfielders in my squad – Schneiderlin and Puncheon. Last Gameweek I benched Schneiderlin and he scored, so I rewarded his efforts by giving him a start this Gameweek ahead of Puncheon. Sure enough, Puncheon goes and scores! :rolleyes:

<mutters to self darkly>

We hear ya. I'm pretty sure every FPL Manager regrets at least one of his/her changes every single week. I thought to myself 'Hey! Santi Cazorla hasn't done much for a while, I think I'll transfer someone else in this week!'... :eek:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
We hear ya. I'm pretty sure every FPL Manager regrets at least one of his/her changes every single week. I thought to myself 'Hey! Santi Cazorla hasn't done much for a while, I think I'll transfer someone else in this week!'... :eek:

Yup. Just to let you guys know: I just transferred David Silver out, maybe a good time to snatch him...

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I purposely didn't add Suarez this week, so for all who have him when he scores a hat trick in both games this week, you're welcome. ;)

U didn't add Suarez? Fool! [C] him on purpose. Michu will score low compared. Hindsight.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Interesting gameweek. Jaffa, besides a bloody epic 90-100 :D, may I ask if the play-offs are one game per round or two?

Sorry, if it was mentioned before.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Interesting gameweek. Jaffa...
<mutters to self darkly>

:p

...may I ask if the play-offs are one game per round or two?

Sorry, if it was mentioned before.
No problem – it's one game per round.

After the Gameweek 35 fixtures have been finished, the Cup goes into knock out mode. The top eight teams are drawn together and play in Gameweek 36. The four winners then play in Gameweek 37's semi-finals, and the two winners of those matches then play in the Cup Final in Gameweek 38.

The rest of us meanwhile spend these Gameweeks getting all misty eyed and nostalgic about the history and glorious tradition of the Cup. :eek:

There are no play-offs in the main League itself, our championship is a straightforward race to top the table by amassing the most points.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Thinking of giving pachyderm fc an eight point transfer hit head start; hoping me being more mouse than man is an advantage this week, though they will have their fancy boots.

Cheers,
OW

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Thinking of giving pachyderm fc an eight point transfer hit head start; hoping me being more mouse than man is an advantage this week, though they will have their fancy boots.

Cheers,
OW

That made me laugh. Thinking Jaffa, as an ambitious by-stander in the cup, ain't too pleased hearing about those -8 though...at least you can field 11 players, I assume? I'm going to park a bus in front of my goal. Doin' it Milan style. Jaffa, you have one turquese-pinkish kit for my clash against Omaha? I need Guthrie exploding and any other possible advantage.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Aren't elephants scared of mice? Should give you the edge in this fixture.

Jaffa, you have one turquese-pinkish kit for my clash against Omaha? I need Guthrie exploding and any other possible advantage.
The seamstresses are hard at work and your kitman should have his hands on the gear in good time.

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
A quick look back and a quick look ahead...

First, the results from the last Gameweek and how they affect the table.

Sporting Dual-Cores 90 - 100 T!llionaire Toyshire
Pachyderm FC 70 - 60 Brainerd FC
Neutron Heath 72 - 52 Pinstripe City
Omaha Latics 92 - 75 Hardly Athletic
Woodingtonhampshire 72 - 89 Fizzy's Flyers
Horizon Heights 43 - 68 Thigh High Socks
Elisbury Hill 47 - 95 Mancunian Mopheads
The Stoplights 84 - 66 LITH United
Tall Saints 90 - 41 Argy-Bargy

25_CupTable1213.png

And here's what we have to look forward to this week...

LITH United v Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic v Elisbury Hill
Pinstripe City v Horizon Heights
Brainerd FC v Woodingtonhampshire
T!llionaire Toyshire v Omaha Latics
Pachyderm FC v Neutron Heath
Mancunian Mopheads v Argy-Bargy
Thigh High Socks v Tall Saints
Fizzy's Flyers v The Stoplights​

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I gave up 8 pts for this week, but really feel I needed to make the changes. I still have my WC but I'm not ready to loose it just yet.

I can't stand these 2 week intervals of no games! Drives me nuts. Guess I just need to get into the other competitions as well.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Some chatter about Rooney travelling, so no hit. Cue pictures of him in a stand having a laugh. Also gambling Bale doesn't go mental.

Tilpots - some double games coming, wait for the fixtures then wildcard may be the way.

Cheers,
OW

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I took hits almost every GW..'cause I like to hustle a lot and due lack of logic and hindsight
Gives me the impression of a comfotable TV but lack of position in the League as a result. Good TV / SV may be advantageous for the Cup though. :cool:

Toys ftw!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Some chatter about Rooney travelling, so no hit. Cue pictures of him in a stand having a laugh. Also gambling Bale doesn't go mental.

Tilpots - some double games coming, wait for the fixtures then wildcard may be the way.

Cheers,
OW

Sound advice, except the Bale thing. I need him to go ******* or I just wasted 8 pts! :eek:

And you Toys better keep an eye on the rearview. I coming for ya! ;)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
wait a minute. no walcoTT?!

NOoOoooooOooooooo......

tumblr_mi3mdtKCVk1qao3k9o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Not sure why I thought Walcott wasn't playing, but tears are drying slowly nevertheless due Rafael's showcase. Glad I own this team, otherwise I'd be fired!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Agreed! T1ll1ona1res dropping like a stone. But drew the right conclusions, hired & fired, and now Tall Saints are celebrating heavily already, since I will cool down and take care of the Neutron Heath. I'm still the best manager since Mancini!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.