Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
OK heres the details:

- Running iOS 6.1 on iPhone 4S
- Originally updated to 6.1 using OTA (i know this is not good)
- Jailbroke phone using original Evasi0n App (version 1) from their Website on Launch Day.
- Updated the Jailbreak as and when they were released in Cydia (Weather App Fix / Disable OTA Notification)
- Jailbreak Tweaks Running: Auxo, DismissMyKeyboard, Fake Operator, Giffy, Maps Opener, Swipe Selection.

Now with the Two problems I am getting:

Missing Cydia Repos:
After updating a Jailbreak Package in Cydia the ModMyi.com Disappeared, I had to add it myself by going to "More Package Sources" in Cydia and adding it again.

Apps Force Closing:
This is a strange problem, my phone would be working fine for a while but then all of a sudden the app I try and run just force closes on me, its not any particular apps it seems to be a different one each time. It can be a system app or one I have downloaded from the app store. The only way to fix it is restarting my device.

These problems seemed to happen straight after the Jailbreak, even before installing any tweaks.

So my questions are:

1) Has anyone else experienced any of these problems?

2) I am guessing the best way to proceed is a Restore using iTunes?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
1) No

2) I would first try uninstalling Cydia packages in reverse chronological order of installation, testing after each to see which package is causing the problem.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
1) No

2) I would first try uninstalling Cydia packages in reverse chronological order of installation, testing after each to see which package is causing the problem.

Thanks for the advice.

I have un-installed all the tweaks I have installed and rebooted the phone.

Will leave it a few days to see if I still experience a problem, if not I will start installing the tweaks one by one.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Thanks for the advice.

I have un-installed all the tweaks I have installed and rebooted the phone.

Will leave it a few days to see if I still experience a problem, if not I will start installing the tweaks one by one.

That will work, too. Make sure you give it time between each one. Things don't always show up right away.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
That will work, too. Make sure you give it time between each one. Things don't always show up right away.

OK I am guessing the problem is with the Jailbreak.

I just powered down the device and switched it back on, it got as far as the Apple Logo then got stuck in a boot loop.

I had to hold the Power and Home button to restart the phone before it would boot up correctly again.

zmulleni

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
I have had problems with apps force closing. In particular I've noticed that it is the applications that access the maps/location features. Here is a list of apps that I am currently experiencing issues with force closing:

Find My iPhone
Gas Buddy
TheWeather Channel (When map is selected)
NOAA Hi-Def Radar
Facebook (When attempting location services)
Reminders (When attempting to switch between accounts)

Sarahcarlton

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
OK heres the details:

- Jailbroke phone using original Evasi0n App (version 1) from their Website on Launch Day.
- Updated the Jailbreak as and when they were released in Cydia (Weather App Fix / Disable OTA Notification)
- Jailbreak Tweaks Running: Auxo, DismissMyKeyboard, Fake Operator, Giffy, Maps Opener, Swipe Selection.

Missing Cydia Repos:
After updating a Jailbreak Package in Cydia the ModMyi.com Disappeared, I had to add it myself by going to "More Package Sources" in Cydia and adding it again.

Apps Force Closing:
This is a strange problem, my phone would be working fine for a while but then all of a sudden the app I try and run just force closes on me, its not any particular apps it seems to be a different one each time. It can be a system app or one I have downloaded from the app store. The only way to fix it is restarting my device.

These problems seemed to happen straight after the Jailbreak, even before installing any tweaks.

So my questions are:

My phone has started doing this too.

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
OK heres the details:

Missing Cydia Repos:

Apps Force Closing:

So my questions are:

Most likely this is due to the Auxo memory leak, which the developers are working on to fix in a near release. Uninstall the tweak for now, and see if that helps.

ckong

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
OP, I have this problem with Winterboard (crashes Ee Toolkit) and bars (crashes ProCamera). I'm slowly removing tweaks but its been a hard search.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
on my ipad 2, facebook keeps force closing, I dont have many tweaks on it, same ones I have on my iphone 5, fb on my 5 is fine most of the times although it will force close but not nearly as much.

HSmoov

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2013
My problem is not only are the apps sometimes force closing, but when I receive a text or a phone call it automatically goes into safe mode and I don't know why it does that. Anyone help?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My problem is not only are the apps sometimes force closing, but when I receive a text or a phone call it automatically goes into safe mode and I don't know why it does that. Anyone help?

What tweaks do you have? Any phone related tweaks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.