Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Not all the time I was offered full time.

Interesting. It makes no business sense for them to hire full time AHA but I've heard they did it for some of the people in CPU. It's a lot easier for them to start everyone at 20 hours and bump it up when necessary without having to pay overtime. When you get out of training and see your first schedule you'll know for sure. There are full time AHA's but many are working for Kelly or Volt services @ $9.75 per hour. The full time AHA's that actually work for Apple are ones that have been on the job for a while.

I'm not sure I'd want to do this job 40 hours a week because I just don't care for it much but there are people on my team that would love full time and they'd be pissed if a newbie came on at 40 hours while they're still working 20.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
Interesting. It makes no business sense for them to hire full time AHA but I've heard they did it for some of the people in CPU. It's a lot easier for them to start everyone at 20 hours and bump it up when necessary without having to pay overtime. When you get out of training and see your first schedule you'll know for sure. There are full time AHA's but many are working for Kelly or Volt services @ $9.75 per hour. The full time AHA's that actually work for Apple are ones that have been on the job for a while.

I'm not sure I'd want to do this job 40 hours a week because I just don't care for it much but there are people on my team that would love full time and they'd be pissed if a newbie came on at 40 hours while they're still working 20.

I got offered full time :). Not trying to make anyone mad but there are full time positions being offered just to be clear. The did, however say when they offered me the full time slot that it was the only one of 2 at the time. Also I believe if plp wanted to move up to full time I'm sure they can ask or apply for it (however it works after a year)

Last edited:

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
In the same boat. Mine completed 2/13, still waiting on offer call, and it seems a few others that posted recently are as well. From reading through it seems thanks for playing emails after background check are pretty rare but possible, and they do a bunch of the offer calls at the same time(seems to be on a Tuesday or Thursday normally) so I'm betting we will likely hear on the 25th-26th.

If I remember correctly, the only person from this forum got denied after BGC had some sort of courthouse issue. forgot his ID.. but I think he even got the offer eventually.. I see that's how much promising to get the offer at this stage so I would't worry too much even if the wait is over 3 weeks.

Although I probably would be too if I was in your position..:(
Just trying to see the bright side.

Last edited:

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
If I remember correctly, the only person from this forum got denied after BGC had some sort of courthouse issue. forgot his ID.. but I think he even got the offer eventually.. I see that's how much promising to get the offer at this stage so I would't worry too much even if the wait is over 3 weeks.

That definitely makes me feel better. I just hope I get the call soon, if I'm going to be in the 3/18 class I have to get my office setup to their standards and put in my notice at my other job. Honestly, I hope they bump me back a couple classes so I can train my last class at my current job.

Cobra2025

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
That definitely makes me feel better. I just hope I get the call soon, if I'm going to be in the 3/18 class I have to get my office setup to their standards.

I am in same boat as you I was told from day one I would be in the march 18th class I waiting for the offer call or the thanks for playing email I know my background is squeaky clean

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Has anyone on here been quoted the 4/15 start date? I'm guessing they are just starting calling for this date. My 2nd interview isn't until Monday. A week after my first call. From reading this entire forum they like to make you wait!

TheHibernian

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2013

Overtime is one consideration but, as I understand it, they offer full benefits to part-time employees. The employer's share of health insurance, week after week, is going to be a greater expense than the cost of overtime here and there. So, all other things being equal, two people each working twenty hours are going to cost more than one person working forty hours.

Cobra2025

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013

Here is to hoping for a call tomorrow as its been almost three weeks since bgc

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Here is to hoping for a call tomorrow as its been almost three weeks since bgc

I found another person who got denied after the BGC in this forum.
But the person's social was stolen or something and the BGC result was messed up...

I see like 4? people here waiting for an offer call for 3.18 after the BGC.. that pretty much tells me the recruiters just hasnt reached out yet for people in 3.18 class but thats kinda late.. I'm assuming that you will be pushed to a later class?

Last edited:

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Tomorrow is the trek to the closest apple store in tampa or orlando an hour drive isn't bad. its finally starting to feel real. for all those in waiting pattern there is light at the end of the tunnel.

DirtyHobo

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2013
Tomorrow is the trek to the closest apple store in tampa or orlando an hour drive isn't bad. its finally starting to feel real. for all those in waiting pattern there is light at the end of the tunnel.

If you happen to recall, what day of the week did you receive your final offer call?

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
I found another person who got denied after the BGC in this forum.
But the person's social was stolen or something and the BGC result was messed up...

I see like 4? people here waiting for an offer call for 3.18 after the BGC.. that pretty much tells me the recruiters just hasnt reached out yet for people in 3.18 class but thats kinda late.. I'm assuming that you will be pushed to a later class?

I've been hearing most people who were offered classes starting in March that got offers in the last couple of weeks are being pushed to April classes. I'm definitely hoping for an April class because like you said, it's a little late in the game for a class that is starting in just a few weeks.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Overtime is one consideration but, as I understand it, they offer full benefits to part-time employees. The employer's share of health insurance, week after week, is going to be a greater expense than the cost of overtime here and there. So, all other things being equal, two people each working twenty hours are going to cost more than one person working forty hours.

That's true but my point is that they only hire one person at 20 hours... not two. And then that one person is flexed up to 40 hours when needed. Apple has EVERYTHING down to a science and does EVERYTHING by the numbers and they do nothing that would adversely affect their bottom line. Like most public companies the shareholders come first and employees second.

It is nice that they provide a health care package at a minimal cost for people working only 20 hours but again, they do everything because at some point it benefits the bottom line. They could save millions by moving all the AHA stuff to a call center in Manila but they won't because that would ultimately impact customer satisfaction which is one area they just cannot afford to take a hit on.

Last edited:

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
I got my 2nd interview done. I await the email to schedule the third one now. :)

Just did my 2nd interview as well. Was so nervous! I've been at the same job for 12 years and I've never interviewed for anything! How did your interview go? Did they say you would receive the email? That's what I was told.

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
Just did my 2nd interview as well. Was so nervous! I've been at the same job for 12 years and I've never interviewed for anything! How did your interview go? Did they say you would receive the email? That's what I was told.

Hello there. :)

Yeah I was nervous, too! My interview went awesome. They said that I would receive an email to choose a date and time to schedule my third interview. For now I am awaiting that email. :)

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Hello there. :)

Yeah I was nervous, too! My interview went awesome. They said that I would receive an email to choose a date and time to schedule my third interview. For now I am awaiting that email. :)

Awesome! I was told the same thing. So were both refreshing every... 3 minutes lol! What class were you told you'd be in? Where do you love? I'm in Ohio.

----------

Awesome! I was told the same thing. So were both refreshing every... 3 minutes lol! What class were you told you'd be in? Where do you love? I'm in Ohio.

Ha! :). Where do you live! And I was told 4/15 class.

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013

Haha. Yes we are. I am trying to pry myself away from checking it every few minutes. I'm in Wyoming myself. I don't remember if she specified which class today, but the first person I talked to on the phone told me it would begin in April. I was told that after the third interview I could expect a 3-4 week wait to hear on it.

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Haha. Yes we are. I am trying to pry myself away from checking it every few minutes. I'm in Wyoming myself. I don't remember if she specified which class today, but the first person I talked to on the phone told me it would begin in April. I was told that after the third interview I could expect a 3-4 week wait to hear on it.

It's so hard not to look! Guess I should get back to work though! Good luck to you. Let me know when you get your email and ill do the same!
She didnt tell me about the wait after the 3rd interview but from reading this forum I've gathered it's gonna be a looonnngggg month!

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
It's so hard not to look! Guess I should get back to work though! Good luck to you. Let me know when you get your email and ill do the same!
She didnt tell me about the wait after the 3rd interview but from reading this forum I've gathered it's gonna be a looonnngggg month!

Indeed it is almost impossible not to. I will definitely let you know when I receive the e-mail and I look forward to our next adventure! Good luck to you as well! :) Onward we go!

Appple

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
Follow-up Advice?

Interviews & Hire Right are Complete. I have read advice here that says not to follow-up. For those who got in and are still lurking around here, should we follow-up or simply wait?

Conventional wisdom would say to follow-up.

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Indeed it is almost impossible not to. I will definitely let you know when I receive the e-mail and I look forward to our next adventure! Good luck to you as well! :) Onward we go!

Did you get your email? I just got mine. Scheduled for Wednesday. Thankfully it's soon! So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.