Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Hey folks!

I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing amazing battery life after the 6.1.2 update. We're talking an estimated 30-40% improvement from before, based on my nonscientific estimates.

I was carrying around a little Zimri Juicepack when I went on all-day adventures around the city, because I'd frequently have to top off a bit near the evening. But since 6.1.2, I haven't topped off using the Zimri once.

I wonder what bug/issue Apple might have worked out to fix this? It's not the Exchange issue, as I don't use Exchange accounts. Either way, I'm happy to see really good battery life now, and I hope it sticks!

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
All day adventure around the city, are you like 8 or what

No need to mock the OP if he/she been on adventure. You do not have to be a kid to go on one. Maybe you should get out a bit more and discover the world outside your front yard.

To the OP I am glad to see the battery life has improved for you. I have noticed it myself. However do not know what bugs or whatever it is apple fixed. Main thing is. It helps so its all good.

Calisi*

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2012
Down under land
No need to mock the OP if he/she been on adventure. You do not have to be a kid to go on one. Maybe you should get out a bit more and discover the world outside your front yard.

To the OP I am glad to see the battery life has improved for you. I have noticed it myself. However do not know what bugs or whatever it is apple fixed. Main thing is. It helps so its all good.
I agree.

And to the OP, I've updated too but not sure if I've even noticed a better battery life.. maybe I just haven't noticed.

corys00

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011

Is there something wrong with liking to be out of the house? Would it be safe to assume to that you live at home with your parents with no friends?

I have noticed a significant increase in battery life.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I have also noticed a somewhat increased battery life with 6.1.2. And I'm not using Exchange accounts in push mode, nor did I have any processes run haywire before (I regularly check using Xcode Instruments). So there must be something else they've done. Oh well, I won't complain :)

And btw, I also love going on adventures around cities!

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

The nice thing about being an adult is being able to do whatever the heck you want.

If, as an adult, you forget this, you have already lost.

Get out there and live life. Getting stuck in a mundane routine is the worst thing that can happen to you!

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I'm glad to read a thread that doesn't say that battery performance is shot to hell since updating to iOS 6.1.2. I've held off updating both my iP5 and iPad4 because of reading many complaints here at MR.

Since I don't use Exchange and have always had great battery performance out of the box and thru current iOS 6.1, I wonder if there's any point in updating my devices. Generally, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies more often than not, IMHO. Thanks to this thread, I'm rethinking my decision. Drat. ;)

Also, adventure on! You never know what you might miss otherwise. :)

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
Yes i feel the battery life is much better, but not that 30-40% you were talking about.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I'm getting much better battery life with 6.1.2 as well, can easily make it through the whole day. I did have two Exchange accounts as well as my Gmail account.

jaenicky

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
Yeah I can definitely see an improvement. I thought it was the exchange issue they fixed but either way its great

ShareneZ

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
iPhone 5: Amazing battery life after 6.1.2 update?

I had my IP5 jailbroken on 6.1.1, noticed that the apps kept on crashing when I would first open them up, did a full restore and updated to 6.1.2 last night, now I am considering whether I should JB my phone again or just leave as is. I have also noticed that some of my apps keep timing out on update so I am getting quite annoyed with this.

The only reason I had my IP5 jailbroken was to use the color keyboard which I am very fond of, now I don't have it and don't want to JB my phone again just because of a fancy keyboard which for some reason I cannot find any app on normal appstore that will do this.:confused:

wood11cr

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
My battery life with this update is considerably worse. I have shut off everything and it still keeps dropping rapidly. Two charges in a nine hour period with normal use.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I made a thread stating the 5 is much better in battery life than the 4S. It's probably because of the update? I used to charge my 4S at least twice a day. My i5 barely hits 50% by late night. And I haven't changed my usage.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A bunch of people might suddenly (temporarily or not) have noticeably better battery life, while a bunch worse, while a bunch still nothing really noticeable one way or another. There's really nothing in particular one way or another, just how it is based on how people use their phone, where they use it, what they have on it, etc., etc., etc.

JPChicago

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
Chicago
I love going out to the city and enjoying the day. That guys talking about being 8 must have no life.

Anyways, I'm still on 6.1, don't really want to update because I will have to install all my Cydia apps again. I don't have them backed up to an account or something. But if I keep hearing about good battery life, I think I just might !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.