Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I have a 50 inch LG tv with an Apple TV setup. I need better speakers, I watch a lot of music videos and I can't decide between these two speakers. Obviously the sonos is for the TV and all whereas the BW is just going to be airplayed with the Apple TV ... What should I do , what would you do

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I have a 50 inch LG tv with an Apple TV setup. I need better speakers, I watch a lot of music videos and I can't decide between these two speakers. Obviously the sonos is for the TV and all whereas the BW is just going to be airplayed with the Apple TV ... What should I do , what would you do

Are those your only choices for audio?

macman4291

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Are those your only choices for audio?

I was looking at the audioengine A5+ but they do not have optrical out and my TV doesnt have variable out option, only fixed so I kind of put that idea to the side for my TV

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I was looking at the audioengine A5+ but they do not have optrical out and my TV doesnt have variable out option, only fixed so I kind of put that idea to the side for my TV

As good as the A5+s are for Mac audio, I wouldn't use them for an HDTV. If you just want to beef up the sound from your tv, I'd recommend a good sound bar like the ZVox ZBase 580. It runs about $499 and has superb sound quality! It has tweeters, midranges, and 2 built-in 6.5" woofers in the cabinet, and is powered by a Class D amp that makes it run very cool, and produces some really tight audio. It's a single unit that has bracing strong enough to hold up to a 130 lb TV. For connectivity, it features audio inputs via stereo left/right, fiber optic, and digital coax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.