Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srayees

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2013
Hello,

I've iphone 4 bought it from customer. When I checked everything was working alright. I wanted to erase everything from the phone so I went to settings/general/reset and tried to reset the phone but it asked me to put passcode which it shouldn't, right? Then I tried to hard reset connected to ITunes. After sometime while restoring it gives me the following message

We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time.
Please try again later, or contact customer care.

Then I unplugged the usb port from laptop and restarts and ask me to activate the phone . I followed the steps
English
United States
Choose a Network ( I choose my Wi_Fi)

It ran for few seconds and then the following message pops up

Activation Error

Activation request could not be completed. If the problem persists, please contact customer service.

I'm very confused and frustrated as I tried it so many times. Could you please advice me what seems to be the problem and how to resolve it. I'll really really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Sid

riccardo1999

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
I have the same problem but i think that I'll solve it putting a sim card inside!

did you put a sim card in your Iphone?

Last edited:

bonvits13

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Activating Your iPhone

SRAYEES...

Start all over again... Put off your iPhone first and put the sim inside. Turn on your unit by plugging into your computer so that iTunes can recognize it. Setup your language, country and connect to wifi... but before you tap the NEXT button in entering activation for your iPhone wait for the indication that your simcard is recognize by your iPhone from the top-left of your screen. If it shows NO SERVICE or SEARCHING then tap the NEXT... It should pass and your iPhone be activate... I have done this many times. It goes well. Good luck and hoping you will try it and nothing goes wrong...:)

Hello,

I've iphone 4 bought it from customer. When I checked everything was working alright. I wanted to erase everything from the phone so I went to settings/general/reset and tried to reset the phone but it asked me to put passcode which it shouldn't, right? Then I tried to hard reset connected to ITunes. After sometime while restoring it gives me the following message

We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time.
Please try again later, or contact customer care.

Then I unplugged the usb port from laptop and restarts and ask me to activate the phone . I followed the steps
English
United States
Choose a Network ( I choose my Wi_Fi)

It ran for few seconds and then the following message pops up

Activation Error

Activation request could not be completed. If the problem persists, please contact customer service.

I'm very confused and frustrated as I tried it so many times. Could you please advice me what seems to be the problem and how to resolve it. I'll really really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Sid

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.