Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

So we really know nothing. Could be an LG, Sony or a Motorola, lol.
I do like the first article. If they make the N5 with those specs and memory sizes with the 32GB being $350.....they better have a better way of people to be able to get one and not let people buy 10 of them to sell on eBay.

chrisaster

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013

The article has grammar mistakes... Hard to trust as they are probably trying to generate traffic to their site.

1. They already released their annual phone.
2. The specs are too expensive to be proceed like that- flexible displays are new to the market hence it being expensive. 720p displays have reached their end of cycle by the time it came to the nexus (cheap) device. 1080 I'd new will be a premium.

They could be producing a Motorola x but it won't be a nexus - IMO

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
My new, two day old Nexus 4, running Xylon ROM 4.2.2 and Matrix kernel v7.0. Plus the killer new app "Greenify *ROOT*" , helps certain apps hibernate. Battery life, so far is pretty darn good on this phone, blows away my old Verizon Galaxy Nexus. We shall see what a workday ahead brings.

Screenshot_2013-02-24-23-36-51_zps54c6659b.png

Screenshot_2013-02-24-23-37-02_zpsc7378145.png

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I am seriously IMPRESSED with this phone! A few days ago, I reset the phone to factory settings because an app was using up the battery so much that I had barely one hour of screen time and had to charge after about 18 hours.

Since then, I am on 1 day, 16hrs, 33 minutes and have two hours screen time. I've also been using it to listen to XM (screen on and off to change channels) and have used it to tether for about 90 minutes. I still have 20% battery.

This is just as good as my Nexus 7. I have fours hours screen time, been listening to XM for at least 2-4 hrs (screen off and on to change channels) and still have 29% battery after 22hrs on this charge.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I am seriously IMPRESSED with this phone! A few days ago, I reset the phone to factory settings because an app was using up the battery so much that I had barely one hour of screen time and had to charge after about 18 hours.

Since then, I am on 1 day, 16hrs, 33 minutes and have two hours screen time. I've also been using it to listen to XM (screen on and off to change channels) and have used it to tether for about 90 minutes. I still have 20% battery.

This is just as good as my Nexus 7. I have fours hours screen time, been listening to XM for at least 2-4 hrs (screen off and on to change channels) and still have 29% battery after 22hrs on this charge.

That is really good. Personally, I burn through 2 hours screen time within the first 6 hours of being unplugged. Is the overall consensus that 4.2.2 improved battery life?

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
That is really good. Personally, I burn through 2 hours screen time within the first 6 hours of being unplugged. Is the overall consensus that 4.2.2 improved battery life?

I would say so. I've been getting 2 hours screen time with 17-18 hours off charge lately (stock Android). But my phone also sits on wifi a good amount of time, and my cellular signal is pretty good here, so it's not having to work harder for a data signal.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I would say so. I've been getting 2 hours screen time with 17-18 hours off charge lately (stock Android). But my phone also sits on wifi a good amount of time, and my cellular signal is pretty good here, so it's not having to work harder for a data signal.

I am always on wifi, and honestly those little charging orbs make it easy to just leave one at my desk and put the phone on it.

chrisaster

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
WiFi saves a good amount of battery.

I've found with the same amount of usage the difference is around 30% for me.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
So for the past week about once a day my Nexus 4's power button will become unresponsive and it won't bring on the display to unlock the device. I have to hold it down and reboot the phone. Has anyone else had this?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
So for the past week about once a day my Nexus 4's power button will become unresponsive and it won't bring on the display to unlock the device. I have to hold it down and reboot the phone. Has anyone else had this?

I have but I was on a custom ROM. Are you on stock?

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I am getting really great battery life on this Nexus 4. I have had the phone for four days now, the first three days at the end of each night, I get approx 15h - 16h total hours off the charger, before I get the red alert @ 14% remaining. And all three days with a little over 5h On Screen time, each charge.

I am running Xylon ROM 4.2.2 with Matrix kernel v7.0 I am afraid to ever flash another ROM or kernel again, this is working too perfectly :)

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Playing temple run 2 for 15 minutes (wifi on, cellular on, locations on etc) dropped 5% only.

Sure the my iPhone 5 would drop just 2-3%, but this is still great! I can charge it every night and use it all day without checking battery much at all. The iPhone would need to be charged every 1.5 days so i am not missing much, in fact the daily charging ritual is easier to follow than forgetting to charge in the middle of day and then "oh my phone died i thought it would live a bit longer" lol.

Reading PDFs is also less taxing, but ezPDF is buggy. Anyone use anyother decent reader/annotator? (please don't say adobe, because that app makes me go into rage mode every time).

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
So glad that people are noticing improvements with the newer build. I've got to admit that 4.2 did end up being a bit of a lemon on launch.

Only a few months to see what Key Lime Pie brings in the next release of Android. :D

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
So glad that people are noticing improvements with the newer build. I've got to admit that 4.2 did end up being a bit of a lemon on launch.

Only a few months to see what Key Lime Pie brings in the next release of Android. :D

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting it too. Hopefully I'll get it in April.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Can anyone tell me why Google Services are all of the sudden taking up a ton of my battery life???

The last two days it has been the number one drain on my battery and I can't seem to figure out (1) what services are on all the time and (2) how to shut them off......

Also, what APN do ya'll use on AT&T?? I was using the stock ATT WAP one but had recently tried an AT&T HSPA+ one....maybe that is causing some of my issues?

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011

Only a few more months to see what bugs key lime pie brings to early adopters. :p

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Finally made a decision. Went with the Nexus 7 HSPA+ with AT&T. Unlocked for $299 and I'm going to use the AT&T DataConnect Prepaid plan for 3GB/$30 a month. I'll set up Talkatone with my Google Voice and use my Google Voice number as my primary number of contact. I'm totally okay with a 7" because, let's face it, the Note 2 is only 1.5" shy of it and the Tegra 3 stomps the Exynos quad core.

Plain and simple, the Nexus 7 is more or less the future of Android "Phablets", but without the phone capabilities built in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.