Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ric WRX

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Prescott Valley, AZ
When I go to my credit card or bank web site and log in, after I enter my user name and password and hit the login button, it won't let me. It does nothing, so I can't enter the site. If I try on my Iphone, it works. Is it the site or my Ipad mini? This the first time that I have had this problem.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
When I go to my credit card or bank web site and log in, after I enter my user name and password and hit the login button, it won't let me. It does nothing, so I can't enter the site. If I try on my Iphone, it works. Is it the site or my Ipad mini? This the first time that I have had this problem.

If no previous problem, I say it is the site. Can you call their support center?

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Try a different browser, like Atomic, and "identify as" Firefox or one of the other choices.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Are your cookie settings different between iPhone and iPad? If your iPad is not accepting cookies, that could explain it.

Regards,
Tom

mostlynameless

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
I got a message from my bank a couple of weeks ago warning me that they were going to stop the iPhone app version from working on the iPad and that I needed to go download their new ipad app. Maybe the same kind of problem?

Ric WRX

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Prescott Valley, AZ
I retried everything today, same problems. When I used my Iphone for this, I just used the safari browser with google and bing both. I don't understand everything was working fine last week

Ric WRX

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Prescott Valley, AZ
It is a local privately owned bank, which I can access on my Iphone with no problems using the same browser and settings. When I push the log in button nothing happens with my mini.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
I bank at a 'local' Mom n Pop bank here in Alaska as well...the last remaining 'local' bank:)

I've run in to the same issues as you in the past. Specifically with Chrome and/or iCab. It's usually a 'point' release the some how breaks the cookie connection to the bank itself OR...and most likely, it's the bank's software as they've been constantly updating over the past 90 days. I've got a good friend that works for the bank...and apparently they're trying to update their systems for a lot of the new, digital banking and application development for mobile platforms. They released their own little (and extremely basic) app about a month ago. It works fine to check transactions, balances, and other simple options. However...check processing (snapping a picture), transferring between my business acct and personal isn't working...a couple of odds and ends til it's good to go.

You may be going through a similar experience if you're using a 'small' or local M&P bank...they may be updating their software in the background. You may call and check. Others have hit the nail on the head by telling your browser to identify it as an actual browser instead of the mobile version. I use iCab and identify as Safari (OSx). It usually works, but ymmv.

J

Ric WRX

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Prescott Valley, AZ
Well, last Friday I did an Icloud backup on my Mini after I installed the new upgrade on my Iphone and now the Mini works like it did before. No more problems with the credit card and bank internet sites. Thanks for all the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.