Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
My reseller, who've been excellent during this have contacted me to tell me it has gone to production.

I can get excited again!

Claust

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Just to let you guys know. I'm now waiting 11 weeks! (Ordered 3.Dec through a Apple Reseller in Switzerland). Still no more info or ETA. Hope I can get it early march. If not, really don't know what to do! I feel the iMac will become outdated and old before I even get it.

Same here, ordered same date in Denmark, still waiting. They did give me a date of feb 21th though, so hoping that will stick...

How about the Price reduction on the SSD, have you all had your Price reduced automatically?. Quite a big Price drop. Ordered mine all maxed out..

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
Just to let you guys know. I'm now waiting 11 weeks! (Ordered 3.Dec through a Apple Reseller in Switzerland). Still no more info or ETA. Hope I can get it early march. If not, really don't know what to do! I feel the iMac will become outdated and old before I even get it.

I just contacted my apple reseller and ask him when I get my iMac. He told me there is no news, just Apple asking for more patience.
He also told me, delivery time have already moved to march!!! I really think, the wait for the new iMac drive me nuts!

Illyamac

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Valkenburg, NL
waiting > 80 days

I just contacted my apple reseller and ask him when I get my iMac. He told me there is no news, just Apple asking for more patience.
He also told me, delivery time have already moved to march!!! I really think, the wait for the new iMac drive me nuts!

Same story:
Ordered the 27in, I7, 3 Tb fusion, 680Mx on 30 November.
My apple premium reseller (ivizi) has no idea when it will be delivered!

Gr.

Valkenburg, The Netherlands

Last edited:

njooste

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
My iMac finally came after more than 8 weeks of waiting.

On 24 december I ordered a 27inch iMac with i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB, 680MX.
I'm so happy! Good luck to every one of you who is still waiting. In the end, its worth it.

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
After 74 days it finnaly arrived.

Although I will have to wait for friday before I am free to pick it up :)

magpie01

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
After 74 days it finnaly arrived.

Although I will have to wait for friday before I am free to pick it up :)

Wow that is a long wait!! I'm waiting almost 9 weeks now. The last few comments are positive signs for those of us that ordered last Dec. Fingers crossed I get mine soon!:)

dchoe

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Has anyone ordered and received from powermax in the US?

I'm wondering if they are having the same waiting problem as others. It seems that non US premium resellers are really coming up short.

ordered from powermax on 1/29 and got an email saying that they should have it by the end of the week. add another few days to get to me and ends up being about 4 weeks.

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
Mine was shipped from China last night to my reseller in Leeds.

How long is it taking to ship at the moment? Does anyone know. Looking at the other threads it's hard to tell. I'm off work Friday and Monday. I would like it to arrive then.

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
Mine was shipped from China last night to my reseller in Leeds.

How long is it taking to ship at the moment? Does anyone know. Looking at the other threads it's hard to tell. I'm off work Friday and Monday. I would like it to arrive then.

Well mine was either shipped the 14th or the 15th and arrived today the 20th.
I think it should take at most 1week.

yourashero

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2009
ordered from powermax on 1/29 and got an email saying that they should have it by the end of the week. add another few days to get to me and ends up being about 4 weeks.

What model did you order?

I ordered the 27" i7 680mx with 3tb fusion. I was promised up and down that it would take no longer than 4 weeks for delivery when I called in and wanted to cancel because I heard resellers were taking 6-8 weeks. They said they had never had one take longer than 5 and it was really rare when it went over 4 weeks.

Since it still says processing, and I am over 4 weeks now, I know I'll be at least past 5 weeks even if it goes into preparing for shipping tonight.

vnttr

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
I ordered a 27" high end with FD on Dec. 17th and it finally went into "Sent to manufacturing" a few days ago.

What model did you order?

I ordered the 27" i7 680mx with 3tb fusion. I was promised up and down that it would take no longer than 4 weeks for delivery when I called in and wanted to cancel because I heard resellers were taking 6-8 weeks. They said they had never had one take longer than 5 and it was really rare when it went over 4 weeks.

Since it still says processing, and I am over 4 weeks now, I know I'll be at least past 5 weeks even if it goes into preparing for shipping tonight.

Claust

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Still no date (ordered dec. 3)
reseller can't promise lower price due to price cut on SSD

cancelling mine, this is ridicolous...

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2012
UK
Well mine was either shipped the 14th or the 15th and arrived today the 20th.
I think it should take at most 1week.

Mine will arrive tomorrow morning at my home. I cannot wait!

Ok so it's arrived and is amazing!

Last edited:

GaryClough

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Weekly update! Waiting 9 weeks today!:(

Only 9 weeks !

I have been waiting 11 weeks and 1 day, and still no idea when it will be manufactured. Given up chasing now, it just depresses me every time I get nowhere.

My first ever mac purchase, very disappointed with apples service here.

skoust

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Only 9 weeks !

I have been waiting 11 weeks and 1 day, and still no idea when it will be manufactured. Given up chasing now, it just depresses me every time I get nowhere.

My first ever mac purchase, very disappointed with apples service here.

12 weeks here today, first iMac too - so disappointing :(

yourashero

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2009
Apple Deliberately not delivering to resellers

I just found out through several phone calls what my reseller didn't want me to know. Apple is deliberately not delivering to resellers so they can get the full commission.

They are apparently trying to change this, but I'm sure it won't. Its completely what I expected of this company though. I love their operating system, but can't stand their policies.

I'm staying with my reseller because they are offering great money on my trade in imac. I also depend on resellers because I don't have an apple store within 150 miles of me to help me if I have a problem. If my iphone breaks, I get to pay $20 to have them ship me a new one because I don't want to drive 2.5 hours to have it switched out.

This is why resellers who are available LOCALLY are good for their business. It makes their product more appealing to purchase. I hope they understand this someday and stop being pretentious pricks.

6ftunder

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Austria
Reseller: McShark Mariahilferstr.
Config: i7,680MX, 1TB FD (trackpad, num. keyboard) +AppleCare
Cost: 2828 euros
Ordered: January 26, 2013

Tomorrow will be a month. Went over today and asked if it was possible to cancel the order and receive back the 500 euros I had to pay on day 1 and the lady said no because my configuration was so special. She told me that they received a confirmation message from Apple on January 28 which should be a good sign, right? But, she has NO idea when I can expect my first iMac, so she said that if it doesn't arrive in the next two weeks, I should stop by and we'll try to "arrange something". She probably just said that to shut me up, but we'll see. I REALLY don't want to wait 12+ weeks for it like some people have to, that is preposterous.

phobos

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Ordered the exact same setup from a Greek premium reseller. Paid the same deposit as you. The only difference is the actual final price which is higher here (2968,58 euro) and I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to wait longer than you. :D
The APR doesn't know why or even has a clue when Apple is going to deliver anything to them. On that same day I ordered a Macbook Air with more memory which supposedly doesn't have iMac's production problems. I'm still waiting for that one as well....

I ordered on the 23rd of January. End of March here I come!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.