Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
You can also take into account usability and performance in addition to preference if you want.

In terms of my preference, with (1) being the most and (6) being the least,

1) Samsung
2) Stock Android (Nexus devices)
3) LG
4) HTC
5) Motorola
6) Sony

How about you?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
1) Stock - The best
2) HTC - Some things irk me, but it has a cool default wallpaper
3) Samsung - Yuck to the point that I almost gave up on Android for TouchWiz alone. Love the apps it brings, but otherwise the UI is just plain ugly.

Last edited:

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
Touchwiz is easily the best now, especially since samsung is adding features stock Android doesn't have so that makes it better automatically

Then sense/stock tied

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Sense is the worst.
Touchwiz is okay, as is Vanilla Android.

I prefer custom ROM's that allow me to alter any facit I wish through zips and aroma installers.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
1. Nova Prime Launcher (because I can get rid of the app dock and have home screens with 6 rows of icons)
2. HTC Sense (because of a few widgets that are amongst my favourites)
3. TouchWiz (love the power controls in the notification drop down)
4. Stock (whenever I see it, it seems to be missing stuff that I am just used to seeing)

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
1. Nova Prime Launcher (because I can get rid of the app dock and have home screens with 6 rows of icons)
2. HTC Sense (because of a few widgets that are amongst my favourites)
3. TouchWiz (love the power controls in the notification drop down)
4. Stock (whenever I see it, it seems to be missing stuff that I am just used to seeing)

How iPhonishly ugly. So many better things you can do with your homescreens. To each their own i guess.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
None of the above; cell phones are a waste on money but if I had to choose I would choose Samsung only.

Really? I would beg to differ on that one. Part of my job requires me to be contactable at all times 24/7. What would I do without a cell phone? Constantly hover by a Landline?

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Stock Android on Nexus phones, the way Google developers meant it to be. I also use Nova launcher for even more customization, I like to run 5 x 6 grid, vs stock 4 x 4.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
1) HTC . Hate sense all you like but they make the best widgets that dozens of widget apps try to emulate. No one does weather better.

2) Stock

3) Nova / Apex

4) Touchwiz

Haven't had any others other than that.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
1. HTC Sense, I love it. No lag at all and it looks nice, not to mention there are a lot of little modifications that make it easier to use (in my opinion).

2. Nova, I like its options and the ability to theme but it lags badly for me, not sure why.

3. Didn't like the "default" stock on my Nexus 7 tablet, it was pretty ugly and too bare bones for my taste but it was very fast.

4. Xperia - Not much customization, barely any tweaks to make it more usable (seems to be mostly UI changes over the default options) and really laggy in my experience.

Have never used any of the others

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
How iPhonishly ugly. So many better things you can do with your homescreens. To each their own i guess.

I don't just populate my home screens with icons. The extra space allows me to also add more widgets as well as more flexibility when resizing my widgets. It also allows me to reduce the number of home screens I need. I only need 5 with Nova Prime where as I used 6 or 7 before.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
1) Stock
2-6) Everything else

Nothing really comes close to stock IMO. Sense looks much better than TouchWiz, but just performs poorly in my eyes. TouchWiz seems more stable and brisker, but looks terrible. Sony's skin performs arguably the best, but again just looks too generic. Not gonna comment on LG or Motorola's.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I just don't understand why he'd come to a Phone section to claim mobile phones are a waste of money, and that email and face to face is better. When presented with evidence to the contrary he just replies "Lmfao that's your problem dude".

He's a troll, ignore him.

As for skins. My list would go:

1) Stock Android (Nexus devices)
2) HTC
3) Motorola
4) Sony
5) Samsung
6) LG

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
Touchwiz is easily the best now, especially since samsung is adding features stock Android doesn't have so that makes it better automatically

Then sense/stock tied

This.

It's cool to like the stock Android but TouchWiz adds so much functionality.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
This.

It's cool to like the stock Android but TouchWiz adds so much functionality.

I think a lot of people are confused about touch wiz and Samsung added features. I remove touchwiz and still have the added samsung features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.