Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
Hi All,
Just go my iPad mini, can you please give me only good realiable manufacturers that have been in the market for a while... leather case in possible in colors...
Thanks!

Marios255

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
These are very good muchacos you recommend them

Hello. realq.
if you are looking for a quality case, customizable and really beautiful. like to buy for my wife I recommend this link: fortte.com. my wife and me. we give satisfied for the good work that these guys play Fortte.

Attachments

• BEAUTIFUL.png
    BEAUTIFUL.png
    496.9 KB · Views: 109

Rankin Johnson

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Portland, OR
I just got a Portenzo leather case for my iPad. I'm very happy with it, but I haven't had it very long, and it may be bigger or thicker than you would want for the Mini. I posted a review yesterday.

Rankin Johnson IV

marson

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2012
i ever bought a red ipad case on ebay but its quality is not good as expected.

richardgreen

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
USA
I would suggest you to buy it from eBay..recently ordered one and very happy..as its cheapest compare to other local shops:)

realq

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
Thank you

I will review the suggested options and will let you know once I review
Thanks

Monkt

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
I love the look of saddleback. I have their medium chocolate satchel and a joli sleeve.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've purchased cases from Vaja Cases in the past and really like them. They tend to be expensive and given my penchent for getting new iToys every couple of years I'm not eager to drop so much $$ on a case any more.

I looked over the selection for iPad mini cases and I was a bit disappointed, I didn't like what was there but others might

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
These are my favourites, great quality and great customer service

http://shop.jolioriginals.com

I tried the Joli case for the mini, and believe it or not I was disappointed.

Construction was good, fit was firm.

But it does not smell like leather at all. I mean ZERO. Either its not leather or its been sitting around for a long while. I watched reviews online and the all talk about the great smell of leather.

Company said it was just made and their leather does not sit around too long (what ever that means). They also said "First time someone said that to us", and "we dont advertise the smell" but I buy a lot of leather goods and new leather should smell like new leather.

They effectively told me too bad, and I am not going through the headache of shipping back to the netherlands.

Pretty disappointed with Joli Originals.

Ask questions before you buy.

Monkt

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
I saw your similar post on another thread.

It doesn't smell like leather? Really? That is the problem?

Sorry, if I were a company owner I would send back a response like... Really? You're kidding, right?

I just felt the need to respond because I love my Joli products so much. I had wondered if something so soft and stitched could hold up in my pocket for more than two weeks... About six months later and my case still looks like new.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I saw your similar post on another thread.

It doesn't smell like leather? Really? That is the problem?

Sorry, if I were a company owner I would send back a response like... Really? You're kidding, right?

I just felt the need to respond because I love my Joli products so much. I had wondered if something so soft and stitched could hold up in my pocket for more than two weeks... About six months later and my case still looks like new.

You are welcome to your opinion. For me leather products should smell like leather products. And when they dont, I have to wonder about what I am getting.

This is an expensive piece of nothing. A tiny amount of leather(?) at a premium price. Yes they look good, and yes the felt lining is nice, but I have an wool case with a red lining that is every bit as nice at a fraction of the cost.

So, there have to be descriminators for paying the higher price. One is leather, and two is leather smell.

Monkt

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
*calling apple customer service*

Hi, I'm just calling because I'd like to return my iPad mini

Ok, might I ask why?

Well, I really expected it to smell a bit more like aluminum. It really doesn't.

Um. Ok. I assure you it is made if aluminum..?

Well, I love that metal smell, that's why I bought the mini as opposed to a cheaper non-apple product. It must be poor quality aluminum or there must not be very much if I can't smell it.

Are you serious? I don't mean to be rude.... But really, are you serious? I really can't tell. I've worked for apple customer support for 23 years and that's the second most absurd thing I've ever heard. One dude had a pet blue whale that swallowed his iMac.... I don't think anything else could top that....

Non-Euclidean

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2012
Houston, TX
Fixed

Here you go

Ok, might I ask why?

Well, I really expected it to taste a bit more like aluminum. It really doesn't.

Well, I love that metal taste, except when it hits a filling that is. I also wanted it to have a bite missing, just like your logo. That's why I bought the mini as opposed to a cheaper non-apple product. It must be poor quality aluminum or there must not be very much if I can't taste it.

Are you serious? I don't mean to be rude.... But really, are you serious? I really can't tell. I've worked for Apple customer support for 13 years and Joli Originals the 10 before. That's the second most absurd thing I've ever heard. One dude bought a leather case and complained about the lack of a leather smell.... I don't think anything else could top that....

Monkt

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a bigger fan of my saddleback products truth be told. If I were representing/working for a company I wouldn't troll.

Non-Euclidean

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm a bigger fan of my saddleback products truth be told. If I were representing/working for a company I wouldn't troll.

Yeah, I just looked at the Saddleback products. Very nice stuff... Fortunately I don't have much disposable income at the moment. I also like some of the Hartmann products...

I remember seeing somewhere some other company making some nice leather sleeves and cases for ipads, which looked big enough to allow you to use them with at least the cover. There was one that had some detachable snaps, and a leather loop to go over your shoulder to make carrying it easier. I cant think of the maker at the moment though...

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

Ok, might I ask why?

Well, I really expected it to smell a bit more like aluminum. It really doesn't.

Well, I love that metal smell, that's why I bought the mini as opposed to a cheaper non-apple product. It must be poor quality aluminum or there must not be very much if I can't smell it.

Are you serious? I don't mean to be rude.... But really, are you serious? I really can't tell. I've worked for apple customer support for 23 years and that's the second most absurd thing I've ever heard. One dude had a pet blue whale that swallowed his iMac.... I don't think anything else could top that....

If thats a call you want to make go for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.