Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Blackberries, I think are a bit "special" when it comes to provisioning them. As far as I know, a "normal" SIM won't work with a Blackberry (this is certainly the case over here in NZ).

As for the S3, I don't foresee any issues there so long as it physically fits (you may need an adapter).

jackwills

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
No
iPhone 5 uses nano sim and S3 uses micro sim
unless u use an adapter
not sure abt the blackberry I think they use standard sim?

ZeroGauge

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
PA
Will my iPhone 5 data package work with it?

Yes. The sim will work you just need an adapter. I found one for about $1 on Amazon a little while back and it came rather quickly. I have a galaxy S3 and an iPhone 5 and the only issue that I've had was when taking my SIM card from the iPhone and putting it into the S3 was the fact that you'll have to call AT&T for data to start working.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I used an adaptor to put my iPhone 5 sim into my Galaxy Nexus. Once I input the right APN my data worked fine, I didn't have to call AT&T at all.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Yes. The sim will work you just need an adapter. I found one for about $1 on Amazon a little while back and it came rather quickly. I have a galaxy S3 and an iPhone 5 and the only issue that I've had was when taking my SIM card from the iPhone and putting it into the S3 was the fact that you'll have to call AT&T for data to start working.

But it isn't a problem otherwise?

Will I lose my unlimited data?

----------

I used an adaptor to put my iPhone 5 sim into my Galaxy Nexus. Once I input the right APN my data worked fine, I didn't have to call AT&T at all.

What does APN mean?

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010

No, you don't. I swap my SIM (with adapter) between my Note 2 and iPhone 5 all the time. Nothing has to be done. Data works perfect on both devices. I've swapped the SIM into my old S3, Nexus 4, Optimus G, etc. Never needed to call AT&T.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
When I swapped from iPhone 5 to Galaxy Note II, AT&T needed to change my data plan from "iPhone Data" to "Smartphone Data." Otherwise my Note II couldn't stay connected to LTE and would only pickup HSPA.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
When I swapped from iPhone 5 to Galaxy Note II, AT&T needed to change my data plan from "iPhone Data" to "Smartphone Data." Otherwise my Note II couldn't stay connected to LTE and would only pickup HSPA.

I'm afraid I'd have the same problem

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
My iPhone 5 plans works with the Galaxy Nexus because the at&t plan supports hspa+. So I didn't have to change my plan and I still get hspa+.

ZeroGauge

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
PA
No, you don't. I swap my SIM (with adapter) between my Note 2 and iPhone 5 all the time. Nothing has to be done. Data works perfect on both devices. I've swapped the SIM into my old S3, Nexus 4, Optimus G, etc. Never needed to call AT&T.

Really? I don't understand why data never works on my S3 until I call At&t to change the data plan. Is your data plan for the iPhone 5 or an Android device?

----------

But it isn't a problem otherwise?

Will I lose my unlimited data?

----------

What does APN mean?

As long as the phone isn't purchased through an upgrade it shouldn't interfere with your unlimited data at all. A member in this thread also brought it to my attention that you don't have to call At&t when trading your SIM card from your devices so there really shouldn't be any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.