Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
Reviews look bad. It sounds like the app doesn't respect folder hierarchies and imports everything into a big mess. That means a proprietary library format. It also won't let you make your default folder on a drive other than your primary boot drive.

So, in other words it does absolutely everything wrong.

I'll stick with EagleFiler until something better emerges.

nielsrasmus

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2011
I did try it out yesterday.

The concept is good, but it is not a native cocoa application I think it's coded in the Qt widgets toolkit (like the dashlane.app, Picasa.app etc.).

Installing and use is intuitive, Importing documents is fast and the layout of the tool is very good.

But you have to make tags to all your files yourself, the app only organize the documents if it has some sort of metadata connected to the files.

I've deleted the app when I found out that using the features of Spotlight instead is much faster (search in iCloud etc.).

But as I said, the idea behind Doo is nice and intuitive. If the app was built in MacOSX it would a much nicer file manager than Finder :)

/Niels

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.