Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bilboa

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
I know that I like the PS3 interface waaaaaaaay better than the 360 interface. Wanna play a local multiplayer game? Plug in another controller. Wanna do that on an XBOX 360? D00d you need to sign in br0!

Not sure what you mean here. No Xbox game I know of requires the second player to sign in in order to play local multiplayer. In fact it isn't even possible AFAIK for two people to sign in to the same Xbox simultaneously. All you do is connect the second controller and you can play multiplayer.

Fatalbert

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Not sure what you mean here. No Xbox game I know of requires the second player to sign in in order to play local multiplayer. In fact it isn't even possible AFAIK for two people to sign in to the same Xbox simultaneously. All you do is connect the second controller and you can play multiplayer.

That's true for XBOX, not XBOX 360. This is the original XBOX 360 I'm talking about, not the newer ones. In the games I've played (Halo 3, Black Ops 2, and others), you need to sign into a guest account (not necessarily XBOX Live) to play.

bilboa

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
That's true for XBOX, not XBOX 360. This is the original XBOX 360 I'm talking about, not the newer ones. In the games I've played (Halo 3, Black Ops 2, and others), you need to sign into a guest account (not necessarily XBOX Live) to play.

I've only used the Xbox 360, which is the current Xbox, so that's what I'm talking about. With the Xbox 360, one person does need to sign in, though most people will probably setup their Xbox to sign into their profile automatically on startup, so this is really just a one time task when you first buy your Xbox. To play a game in split screen mode, all you do is connect the second controller and off you go.

If you're saying it's the original Xbox, i.e. the one before the Xbox 360, which had this problem, then I'm not sure how that's relevant now. The Xbox 360 has been out for 8 years now, so the original Xbox is ancient history in tech years.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Your 360 doesn't have an 8 core x86 cpu and 8gb of gddr5 ram.

I wonder if they will support booting other OS's on this thing considering that its x86. Selling these as a hybrid pc/console would be a great opportunity especially for college students. I could see that as a huge selling point. This thing would have no problem running windows/linux.

Except it's 7 core not 8, and my 360 has a better GPU and can play almost any game without lag. Sorry but as much as I hate Microsoft, I think they are the best option when it comes to gaming.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Except it's 7 core not 8, and my 360 has a better GPU and can play almost any game without lag. Sorry but as much as I hate Microsoft, I think they are the best option when it comes to gaming.

Referring to the playstation 4 not the playstation 3. I don't own either console so it doesn't matter to me.

fastpurplemedia

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
Doncaster
Play Station

In my school and college days i used to play lot of games on play station. But now i have very less time to play play station. I want to play God of war in playstation4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.