Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
It sure is. I couldnt be happier in fact. Ive been keeping up to date on the lunatik facebook page daily and Im grateful for the design they pioneered, but between all the quality control issues, crazy high prices and unreliable shipping dates, I gotta say Im really glad I went this route. To tell you the truith I feel more confident with this iphonecase2011 guy than I do with the whole lunatik company. I mean the first issue I had it was basically dealt with within a week no questions asked. Im reading how a lot of people are still trying to get the case from lunatik they paid for weeks ago. Plus starting to see reports of the screw bosses breaking off on the genuine lunatik cases, so in my mind the knockoff aluminum in now the only way to go if you want to ensure a solid case.

Screws in mine are still rock solid. i actually just checked them today to see if any play had developed and they are firmly in place and everything is tight. Occasionally I get a bit of rainbow effect off to the side and it seems to be directly related to humidity or heat and cold fluctuations in the air. Even with that its light years better than any plastic screen protector ever was and I dont believe theres anyway of preventing this phenomenon with a non stick on screen protector, but again its very minor and comes and goes with the changes in humidity (example: if its been in my pocket for an hour at the gym).

Ya Im gonna get one for my sister when she upgrades, telling my buddy to get one, and getting one for my parents when they get the iphone 5 so Im loving it.

Anajaf27

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Terry mind doing a video review of your case?

Maybe even compare it to the plastic one?

Thanks mate

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
actually was planning on it. ill be trying to get it up it depends on me being able to get back into form with premier pro. been a while since i used it. hopefully i can make some headway this week on it

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Glad people are finally having good experiences :) my plastic one is still holding up perfectly, might just be a lucky one :p

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
awesome to hear! It was probably just a more recent run which they cheaped out on in the plastic ones.

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
My case survived its first drop today so I thought id post the results.
Dropped from approx 4 feet out of my shirt pocket onto my ceramic kitchen floor. I bent down to open a drawer and forgot my phone was in my shirt pocket.

-Glass is intact and undisturbed.
-Case is still in perfect structural condition
-screws are all still tight and secure
-iphone 5 is untouched
-small dent on red aluminum headset jack where it first struck the ceramic.
-red headset jack is still in proper structural condition
-no cracking or fragmentation of the case observed anywhere

here are some pics with and without the flash:

Attachments

• drop1.jpg
    drop1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
  • drop2.jpg
    drop2.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 131
  • drop3.jpg
    drop3.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 122

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
I just conducted a thorough inspection of the case and it is indeed in perfect structural condition. So from 4 feet onto ceramic its safe :)

Attachments

• drop4.jpg
    drop4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 143

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
This case looks better then the real thing. Just found out that all the TakTik Extremes from Lunatik are flawed with the camera & flash holes reversed. :mad:

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
From what I'm seeing on the lunatik websites and considering the price of the knockoff is almost half, I feel the aluminum one is better than the real one. I feel bad for people paying 125 plus shipping then having the exact same problem I had with the screw boss failing on the plastic case. Only difference is they can't seem to get any support. I think lunatik needs to take some customer service lessons from Chinese counterfeiters lol. Plus my guy charged me $2 shipping the first time and free for the replacement. Lunatik is charging $25 minimum? Plus import taxes brokerage fees etc? For what. That's what really adds insult to injury.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
From what I'm seeing on the lunatik websites and considering the price of the knockoff is almost half, I feel the aluminum one is better than the real one. I feel bad for people paying 125 plus shipping then having the exact same problem I had with the screw boss failing on the plastic case. Only difference is they can't seem to get any support. I think lunatik needs to take some customer service lessons from Chinese counterfeiters lol. Plus my guy charged me $2 shipping the first time and free for the replacement. Lunatik is charging $25 minimum? Plus import taxes brokerage fees etc? For what. That's what really adds insult to injury.

Which one did you buy exactly? What seller?

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Hey how can I know exactly where is my package?

Like location wise

it wont show you until it gets scanned in in Canada. Basically it should just say 'in transit' or something like that until it shows up on Canada post as having been received by customs. Then just track it from the Canada Post site to your door.

----------

And Xander, like Anajaf said it was iphonecase2011 and the link he provoded will take you directly to the black aluminum model iphonecase2011 sells. He also sells a silver aluminum version which is the one I ended up getting. Just look at what else iphonecase2011 has available in his store on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/iphonecase2011?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Anajaf27

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Hey awesome video man

About the screen.. You think i should remove my screen protector on my iPhone becore putting it in the case?

My screen protector is an anti-glare one

And sucks that the mute button doesn't work well

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Hey awesome video man

About the screen.. You think i should remove my screen protector on my iPhone becore putting it in the case?

My screen protector is an anti-glare one

And sucks that the mute button doesn't work well

I have a ccreen protector under mine and have had zero rainbow effect. From what I hear the additional screen protector underneath helps close the gap between the actual screen and the gorilla glass, therefor eliminating the rainbow effect.

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Ya I've heard that from a few people too. I would just try it both ways and see. You don't really need the stick on screen protector but if you prefer it on I'm sure it will work fine.
The mute button is hit or miss with this case. I'm sure modifying it slightly would yield better results like shimming behind it or something , but honestly I'd rather have it non functional than to go on when I don't realize it so I actually prefer it.

Thanks for the positive comments on the vid guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.