Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Notifier+ was finally updated, so happy. Love this tweak

How does it compare to OpenNotifier? That is free and I am not inclined to pay unless there is a distinct advantage. One thing i dont like about ON is that if you read a notification, clear it, but dont check that app so it still shows as unread within the app, the notification in the status bar remains.

d3v1l.cr0

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
Europe
Anybody else having problems with "Forecast" ? I installed the latest version 2.1.5-1 but it isn't appearing on the lock screen? It's been enabled in the settings but isn't working on the lockscreen. Tried to respring, reeboot and nothing. Suggestions?

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Not paying for nor buying any more Cydia Apps...Have Four that are paid and bought for and STILL do not work: Gridlock, MultiCleaner, SMS+, and Unlockize; yet the free versions; that are limited, completely work with minimal benefits. Sooooo Sad that we still cannot get paid for stuff working but the free stuff works:(:mad::(

brasskey

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
iGotya does not work properly. Secure Mode does not work (non-stock apps don't disappear and it kills your non-stock apps when you exit secure mode requiring a restore). The developers have acknowledged this and the latest update (1.7) just fixed Secure Mode rebooting and location issues. Please update your sheet as people may buy it thinking it is working.

I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.2.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
iGotya does not work properly. Secure Mode does not work (non-stock apps don't disappear and it kills your non-stock apps when you exit secure mode requiring a restore). The developers have acknowledged this and the latest update (1.7) just fixed Secure Mode rebooting and location issues. Please update your sheet as people may buy it thinking it is working.

I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.2.

Good info.
So besides the secure mode feature does everything else work ok with iGotYa on your i5?

brasskey

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Good info.
So besides the secure mode feature does everything else work ok with iGotYa on your i5?

From what I've tested, it seems like it does so far with a few exceptions. One small thing I've noticed is that the emails take a while to send (maybe 5-10 minutes). Not that big of a deal, but before they were pretty much instant. Second, if I was last working with the iGotya settings in the Settings app and I try to re-open the Settings app, it always crashes once. When I open Settings again, it opens fine. I did have issues with the app occasionally not pinpointing my location when incorrectly entering the passcode. That seems to be fixed with the 1.7 update.

I've always loved this app, but they've got some major issues to work through with Secure Mode since the evasi0n jailbreak came out. Secure Mode was my favorite part of the app but I have to turn it off now because it is not only not working properly, but it requires a restore to get the phone back to normal. How it should correctly work is that when someone incorrectly enters the passcode twice, the phone unlocks making them think they've got in. Even better, the phone looks stock (only stock iOS apps are visible) and all personal data is hidden (SMS, pictures, call history, contacts, etc.). With the newest jailbreak, my personal data is hidden, but all of my non-stock apps are still visible. When I select one, it crashes so at least they are not able to be opened.

All that being said, when I re-lock the phone and enter the correct passcode (to exit Secure Mode), the phone now is able to reboot by itself. Before the 1.7 update, the phone would get stuck on "Exiting Secure Mode" and I would have to manually restart it. But, worst of all, once the phone exits Secure Mode and I re-enter my passcode to get back into the phone, all of my non-stock apps are gone (like they should be in Secure Mode). My personal info is there (SMS, pictures, calls, contacts, etc.), but none of my non-stock apps. So, I have to restore the phone to get it back to pre-Secure Mode.

Their customer service is terrible, but at least it looks like their working on the app with the latest 1.7 update.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
So I don't think we're supposed to install StatusTweak on iOS 6 or an iPhone 5 but I did and I got it to work. I don't suggest anyone does it unless you're ok with restoring. I'm not saying you'll have to but you might.

After I installed and resprang I went into it's settings and enabled it and bam boot loop. Went into safe mode and uninstalled it. Today I said I'm gonna try again and the enabled option was still on so I didn't have to switch it on. I just went inside to move my items around and I've got it the way I want it now. It was very frustrating because when moving things around it sometimes automatically just leaves the settings app.

I have it setup like on Android so that all system icons are on the right but notification icons via OpenNotifier show up on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_0183.PNG
    IMG_0183.PNG
    340.8 KB · Views: 82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.