Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneBreezy

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Deltona, Florida
I'm slated for the 4/15 start time. I just had my 3rd interview and I feel it went well. Glad to know it's for CPU no idevices. I will let u guys know once my email comes thru. She made it seem real positive so fingers crossed.

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
I'm slated for the 4/15 start time. I just had my 3rd interview and I feel it went well. Glad to know it's for CPU no idevices. I will let u guys know once my email comes thru. She made it seem real positive so fingers crossed.

Congrats and good luck for the offer call! Are you FT or PT?

----------

Hey, congrats! :)

No, I have not received it as of yet. I keep watching for it. I hope soon.

I'm sure it will come tomorrow! :)

----------

Hey, congrats! :)

No, I have not received it as of yet. I keep watching for it. I hope soon.

I'm sure it will come tomorrow! :)

WayneBreezy

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Deltona, Florida

It is a PT position. The way she explained it was I will have two schedules, one for FT and one for PT. She said though I would be PT CPU often does lots of FT work and after a year I can go FT or apply for a different position. Are you waiting for your offer as well?

Cobra2025

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013

It is a PT position. The way she explained it was I will have two schedules, one for FT and one for PT. She said though I would be PT CPU often does lots of FT work and after a year I can go FT or apply for a different position. Are you waiting for your offer as well?

Now that's nice I was only told could and would flex up to forty hours but gosh darn I am so hoping for that call tomorrow

WayneBreezy

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Now that's nice I was only told could and would flex up to forty hours but gosh darn I am so hoping for that call tomorrow

When is your start date? How long have you been waiting. From what I'm getting if you get the background check then don't worry and be patient. As long as it comesback good you will be fine . I just gotta make it to getting that first before I simmer a little. Good luck and I hope it comes today for you.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

I'm in iOS so I can't speak for CPU and after 6 months the only time we've been flexed to FT was during the 2 week holiday hell. That being said, the CPU queue is usually busy as heck and they may indeed flex people to FT on occasion. Some reps may go to 40 hours for a new product release or major software update but I don't see either of those happening in the near future. If they do produce this new smart watch that would been us and not CPU.

I've been trying to find out how to switch from iOS to CPU but nobody seems to know how to even begin that process :( Another 6 months in iOS and I'll be needing my health care coverage for therapists and prozac.

Cobra2025

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
When is your start date? How long have you been waiting. From what I'm getting if you get the background check then don't worry and be patient. As long as it comesback good you will be fine . I just gotta make it to getting that first before I simmer a little. Good luck and I hope it comes today for you.

Was told 3/18 but I have not had offer call and or a thanks for playing email I am on third week of wait after bgc

And thank you so do I

Last edited:

WayneBreezy

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Deltona, Florida
I'm in iOS so I can't speak for CPU and after 6 months the only time we've been flexed to FT was during the 2 week holiday hell. That being said, the CPU queue is usually busy as heck and they may indeed flex people to FT on occasion. Some reps may go to 40 hours for a new product release or major software update but I don't see either of those happening in the near future. If they do produce this new smart watch that would been us and not CPU.

I've been trying to find out how to switch from iOS to CPU but nobody seems to know how to even begin that process :( Another 6 months in iOS and I'll be needing my health care coverage for therapists and prozac.

I was so happy when she said CPU team. Not that I wouldn't mind doing either,but I def. prefer to work in that area. Do you have a team leader you can speak to and possibly switch? What are the most common problems you are having with the customers that seem to be calling?

I've read this whole forum, I might of missed it, but does anyone know exactly what model MAC They send? I know it wouldn't be a newer one, just curious on screen size for my desk if I was offered the job.

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013

I was just told PT but not whether it was iOS or CPU. I don't really care which. I'm fine with PT. I have 2 kids and I'm ready to be the one who takes care of them.
3rd interview is tomorrow *fingers crossed* it all goes well.
Good luck on the offer call..

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Was told 3/18 but I have not had offer call and or a thanks for playing email I am on third week of wait after bgc

And thank you so do I

With apple, no news is good news. :) keep your head up. But 3 weeks. Wow. I've already mentally checked out of my job, lol I'm ready to quit now! Trying to prepare for a potentially long wait. 3rd interview tomorrow and slated for 4/15.

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
employmen gap

Has anyone who got hired for this position had any employment gap in the past?
I have about 5 month gap before I got hired by my current employer.
Reason for the gap is simple as my 1yr contract ended and I wanted to take a break and ended up for like 5mo...lol
This is in my resume too but any interviewer didnt ask me anything about so I'm hoping this wont get in my way..:confused:

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Interviews & Hire Right are Complete. I have read advice here that says not to follow-up. For those who got in and are still lurking around here, should we follow-up or simply wait?

Conventional wisdom would say to follow-up.

It depends, when I was going through my background I hAd an issue with hireright and then I opened up a dispute. When I sent emails to the hiring mansger I was always met with prompt responses sometimes vague but hireright cleared the dispute and changed a record that showed a pending misdemeanor charge to closed and ultimately I was offered the position.

Long story short if you have something to follow up on by all means but if your just going to say hey I'm still here don't forget about me probably don't want to do that.

swain.lafaye

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
So Frustrated

Hi everyone,

I applied for the Apple At Home Advisor job on Jan 29th and have yet to receive an email!!!! I have been checking my email patiently and have received emails for other apple jobs but no response for the job I appled for. I have read through the forum and I see where other people receive calls within a few days and I see where other people have waited a long time. Should I be worried. I am trying to be patient but it is killing me! :(

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
I just got my email and am ready to go for my third interview on Monday. Wish me luck! :)

Again, good luck to all that are going through the process. We can do this! :D

10IC

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Hi everyone,

I applied for the Apple At Home Advisor job on Jan 29th and have yet to receive an email!!!! I have been checking my email patiently and have received emails for other apple jobs but no response for the job I appled for. I have read through the forum and I see where other people receive calls within a few days and I see where other people have waited a long time. Should I be worried. I am trying to be patient but it is killing me! :(

I'm in the same boat you are. I applied the 24th and still haven't received anything yet. So frustrating!

swain.lafaye

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
So Frustrated

QUOTE]I'm in the same boat you are. I applied the 24th and still haven't received anything yet. So frustrating! [/QUOTE]

So glad to see I am not the only one. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Let me know if you hear anything....GOOD LUCK:)

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
QUOTE]I'm in the same boat you are. I applied the 24th and still haven't received anything yet. So frustrating!

So glad to see I am not the only one. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Let me know if you hear anything....GOOD LUCK:)[/QUOTE]

I applied for 2 at home positions. One 12/8 and te other 12/28. I just got the questionnaire email last Monday. I also have been in contact with a recruiter for the retail position in January(missed the first event because I was sick). So don't I've up hope! :)

----------

I just got my email and am ready to go for my third interview on Monday. Wish me luck! :)

Again, good luck to all that are going through the process. We can do this! :D

Yay congrats! Good luck. Ill let you know how mine goes tomorrow! :)

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
So glad to see I am not the only one. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Let me know if you hear anything....GOOD LUCK:)

I applied for 2 at home positions. One 12/8 and te other 12/28. I just got the questionnaire email last Monday. I also have been in contact with a recruiter for the retail position in January(missed the first event because I was sick). So don't I've up hope! :)

----------

Yay congrats! Good luck. Ill let you know how mine goes tomorrow! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :) Exciting stuff. I look forward to hearing how tomorrow goes for you. Good luck! You'll do great. :)

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Reason for the gap is simple as my 1yr contract ended and I wanted to take a break and ended up for like 5mo...lol
This is in my resume too but any interviewer didnt ask me anything about so I'm hoping this wont get in my way..:confused:

Gaps are no big deal as long as you can explain. You may get a call to ask about it once they get the background check back you may not

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I was so happy when she said CPU team. Not that I wouldn't mind doing either,but I def. prefer to work in that area. Do you have a team leader you can speak to and possibly switch? What are the most common problems you are having with the customers that seem to be calling?

I've read this whole forum, I might of missed it, but does anyone know exactly what model MAC They send? I know it wouldn't be a newer one, just curious on screen size for my desk if I was offered the job.

I did ask my team leader of course but since she was hired about the same time I was she is still learning how everything works at the management level and doesn't know much about transfers.

CPU typically gets more tech support related issues and we get more of the vanilla customer service stuff like repairs and iTunes accounts. The iOS queue is customer service NOT tech support. You'd need a CPU rep to give you a better idea of what kind of problem cx's they get. The most frustrating calls I get are from people that are completely clueless about technology e.g. ppl that have never installed a program on a PC.

Standard AHA issue is a 2.5 Ghz Core i5 24" iMac.

----------

I had a 12 year gap. It was called being self-employed without ever registering for a DBA. Since background checks only go back 7 years I technically never had a job but got hired anyway. However, I have worked in tech for over 20 years so it wasn't too hard to convince the interviewer that I knew a thing or two.

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
yes this is my third week after the background check as well....for the 03/18....i finally broke down and sent an email...couldn't resist lol

Let us know what happens if they reply to the email. I don't want to sound down but the last person who sent a follow up email got a rejection letter right after. I can't remember if they were applying through Apple or Kelly Services though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.