Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geoff.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Hi

I have a brand new Macbook Air 13 and whenever I play sounds like a high frequency the speaker makes this horrible like distorted/crackle sound its hard to explain.

Just found out if I move the speaker pan all the way to the left it sounds perfectly. I presume something is going on on the right side.

Am i entitled to a replacement?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Hi

I have a brand new Macbook Air 13 and whenever I play sounds like a high frequency the speaker makes this horrible like distorted/crackle sound its hard to explain.

Just found out if I move the speaker pan all the way to the left it sounds perfectly. I presume something is going on on the right side.

Return and buy a new one.

BeeJee

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
Long Island/North Jersey
Hi

It happens on the 13 inch and below of any MacBooks. Mine did the same thing at high volume and I took it to the Genius bar, the guy brought over another 13 and played same song at same level and heard it and deemed it normal. Not saying it should be but return it instead of showing them cause it'll get you nowhere. There's tons of complaints on this issue if you Google it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.