Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rivetingsteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Hey Guys,

What is the easiest way for me to use my unlocked Iphone5 in Florida when traveling this march. Basically just looking for data and a few minutes.

rivetingsteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
is it much hassle to get a nano sim for the pay per day? I will be arriving at FLL. Would i be able to accomplish this in the airport?

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
is it much hassle to get a nano sim for the pay per day? I will be arriving at FLL. Would i be able to accomplish this in the airport?

Welcome :)

no, unfortunately you won't. However, one thing you could do is buy the SIM online and have it shipped to your hotel (make sure they write your name though).

I don't recommend T-Mobile, their 3G/4G frequency is unique you end up stuck with Edge speed. How long will you be in the US for?

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hey Guys,

What is the easiest way for me to use my unlocked Iphone5 in Florida when traveling this march. Basically just looking for data and a few minutes.

What part if Florida will you be in? If you're in Miami or Central Florida I would go with the Tmobile option that someone suggested above since their network supports 3G on the iPhone in those areas. Just go into one of their stores to activate and get the nano sim.

If not you could try straight talk or Net10 but I don't think they supply nano SIM cards.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Your best bet is to go into a local Walmart and get a Straight Talk SIM, choose your pre-paid plan, and you should be good to go with using your iPhone here.

Akack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2011
USA
Even though South Florida is "reframed" by TMobile so you can get 3G data speeds on your iPhone, it may be spotty and not everywhere and will revert back to slow edge speeds. Sometimes it helps if you toggle airplane mode off then back on and sometimes it can catch a 3G signal.

I live in an area supposedly reframed by T Mobile and I do get 3G data speeds but its very inconsistent. At work I get 3G but I literally go across the street and it goes back to edge....very spotty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.