Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
How do you think Tim Cook will actually achieve this? The leaks are still coming, mainly from the supply chain. I would have assumed Apple already only passes on information about future products to those who need it.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I don't think Tim had a clue about what actually keeping these things on the hush-hush meant when he made that statement. Apple is too big and too much under public scrutiny to keep much to itself these days.

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
I want to see them seriously cutting all loose ends, I remember the aluminum powerbook G4's release, with the backlit keyboard, amazing battery and all that, nobody had any idea what was coming, everything was so secret back then, steve literally had the crowd eating from his hands, but these days, an apple keynote comes around, and we all know exactly what we're going to see. The fun is gone, I don't even look forward to keynotes anymore. :mad:

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
I want to see them seriously cutting all loose ends, I remember the aluminum powerbook G4's release, with the backlit keyboard, amazing battery and all that, nobody had any idea what was coming, everything was so secret back then, steve literally had the crowd eating from his hands, but these days, an apple keynote comes around, and we all know exactly what we're going to see. The fun is gone, I don't even look forward to keynotes anymore. :mad:

I know we've got some general ideas about what Apple has in store for the future (watches, TVs, assorted shinies), but we don't know a whole lot about them yet. If they're actually working on something like this, and release is actually imminent, then I'd say their secrecy is working out pretty well. Of course, that's all speculation...

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
I know we've got some general ideas about what Apple has in store for the future (watches, TVs, assorted shinies), but we don't know a whole lot about them yet. If they're actually working on something like this, and release is actually imminent, then I'd say their secrecy is working out pretty well. Of course, that's all speculation...

True, but what I mean is, we saw some of the following before any keynotes, rMBP, Several iPhones, new MBA design, iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad 4, blah blah, it goes on to be honest. And if an iWatch was more imminent than it is right now, there would be pictures.

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
True, but what I mean is, we saw some of the following before any keynotes, rMBP, Several iPhones, new MBA design, iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad 4, blah blah, it goes on to be honest. And if an iWatch was more imminent than it is right now, there would be pictures.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing the new iMacs before they were announced.

But if you're assuming there have to be pictures for it to be coming, then you're automatically assuming that they can't double down on security at all :D

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
There is this one.

Attachments

• elevator2.jpg
    elevator2.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 84

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I think for the majority of products, especially the popular ios devices, we normally see a leaked photo of the device.

----------

I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing the new iMacs before they were announced.

But if you're assuming there have to be pictures for it to be coming, then you're automatically assuming that they can't double down on security at all :D

http://m.techspot.com/news/50486-leaked-photo-shows-redesigned-imac-logic-board.html
Here's one.

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London

To be honest, to sum up the new iMacs:
Thinner, Spec bump, glorified cache drive. Although I admit, they're wonderful machines. :)

adamjackdrew

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
I would like, for once, Apple to be ahead of the game with regards to leaks.

I would like to see leaks, but deliberate leaks...which would be Apple throwing us a curveball. Deliberate leaks to whet the appetite, and then a keynote with something completely different.

Perhaps a Tim item at the end of a keynote would be "And now for something different...".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.