Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Is it possible to have the same app installed twice on my iPhone5?

I have the iPlanner app which contains all my work shift rotas, but I'd like to install a 2nd copy of the same app so I could have other info such as holidays.

Does the iPhone allow me to install the same app twice?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is it possible to have the same app installed twice on my iPhone5?

I have the iPlanner app which contains all my work shift rotas, but I'd like to install a 2nd copy of the same app so I could have other info such as holidays.

Does the iPhone allow me to install the same app twice?

Nope, not possible.

Does that app not allow for multiple Planners/lists?

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Well, it does allow that, but Id prefer a 2nd app. Guess I'll have to look at a workaround.

Thanks anyway:)

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Well, it does allow that, but Id prefer a 2nd app. Guess I'll have to look at a workaround.

Thanks anyway:)

Yes it is possible if you have a jailbroken iPhone. I have done this. Installed same app 8 times (8 copies of same app i mean), yes 8 times but that was for a reason i would not like to mention here.
Each of them had a separate setting so they do not conflict.
I am sure you will need the Mobile Terminal

I am pretty sure there is a cydia app or something you need to download along with the mobile terminal to make this work. Need to run some basic commands and yes you will need root access on your iPhone and default password is "Alpine"

Let me see if i get the tread which has the detailed info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.