Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J3ayy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Malton, United Kingdom
Hi
I am after some editing software for my IMac not just photos but images aswel ;)
Even want one to design logos or edit logos & pictures.
I have used the photoshop trial for a month & like it but i aint paying that much for the software :rolleyes:
Does anybody have any recommendations :D

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
Hi
I am after some editing software for my IMac not just photos but images aswel ;)
I have used the photoshop trial for a month & like it but i aint paying that much for the software :rolleyes:

http://www.pixelmator.com/

Available in the Mac App Store, still on sale for $14.99, and does about 90ish% of what Photoshop does. An update is coming soon which will add more features, better shapes tools, layer styles.

Or The Gimp (sorry, do not have experience with that software).

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Hi

Have you considered Photoshop Elements. Not the full Photoshop but still pretty good.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Hi
If you are still in school you can get a significantly discounted rate:
http://www.adobe.com/education/buying-guide.edu.html

Otherwise, GIMP as suggested!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.