Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
This is something new from TwelveSouth. Looks VERY interesting.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16759710#post16759710

I thought so too...if you want to go the minimalist route and keep your wallet, it's ideal. Just wondering if the front cover will fold back behind out of the way or if you have to always have to hold it like a book-it doesn't really say in the description or indicate in the photos.

I own and have been using the Hard Graft Skinny iPhone case for the last couple of months and love it...amazing quality and craftsmanship. For images and more info, check out my post in a different thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16734478/

Last edited:

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
I came to realization that I only want a case, while you get good protection in a wallet, just doesn't work for me. I like to carry cash and often used cards, just to many of them.
For some on the minimal side is awesome.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I came to realization that I only want a case, while you get good protection in a wallet, just doesn't work for me. I like to carry cash and often used cards, just to many of them.
For some on the minimal side is awesome.

Yes, a wallet case is not for everyone. Many don't accomodate cash at all or easily. I bought a SmartFlex Card case and it sat in my drawer now because I found out after 2 weeks that I need cash fairly often (plus it's cumbersome to always have the cards with you in a case while you are at home).

I did however find a happy medium. I bought a Atelier Pall Duo which can accommodate 3-5 cards and cash. It's quite a minimum wallet the way I use it with 3 cards and several bills. I don't miss having a separate wallet at all, and the size of the combination is smaller than a traditional wallet I used to carried with all the cards and receipts. One thing that I like about this wallet case is that you don't have to go through the hoop to put cash in it, so it feels more like a normal wallet.

I did have to change my way of doing things though. I don't carry cards that I rarely use, and I don't keep receipts in my wallet. It makes sense to me: if I were to carry with me everything I may need, I would need a duffel bag.

bluesboy77

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2007
Idaho
I also have a Atelier Pall Duo and I love it. I'm slowly weening myself off carrying a regular wallet. I really only use 3-4 cards and cash, I don't need that big wallet in my back pocket. The Duo works great for me.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I also have a Atelier Pall Duo and I love it. I'm slowly weening myself off carrying a regular wallet. I really only use 3-4 cards and cash, I don't need that big wallet in my back pocket. The Duo works great for me.

These are nice wallet cases. But I can't ween my cards down to 3-4 plus cash.

Drivers license
Subway card
Insurance card
Meds card
Debut ATM card
2 credit cards
Hospital card
A few business cards
$100 in 20's ( but I normally use money clip)

I keep my phone locked with a pin (required by work email). So I want med and insurance cards available in case I am unconscious. So scanning some into the phone won't work.

Also not so keen having others see my cards while I'm talking on the phone.

Otherwise it's a neat idea. Maybe perfect for a day off fishing or on the beach

bluesboy77

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2007
Idaho
I'm carrying 6 cards and $100 in 20's in the Duo now with no problem. I think I could squeeze one more card in if I really needed to.

klikekyle

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
LOVE Joli Originals!

Just got my new sleeve in from Joli Originals. LOVE this! Quality is amazing. Since I have a black iPhone5 this just adds to the whole package. Seriously, TOP notch black leather and a soft black felt inside to keep my iPhone5 safe. I hate cases because Apple products are beautiful as they are. This is and will be my only "case". They are handmade in Holland. Owner is awesome and packaging is nice too. Check them out.

Attachments

• Jolio Black on Black Sleeve 7.jpg
    Jolio Black on Black Sleeve 7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 271

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Decided to go naked from now on (with a full body invisible skin) and use a Burberry sleeve, got it from Burberry.com. Goes well with my Burberry wallet which I got from Bloomingdales two winters ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 162

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I got the Marware Stash case from amazon. I wanted to love it but it interferes with my plastic screen protector. I have to see if I will use it daily once I get my glass screen protector. If it interferes, it's a no go for me

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
After contemplating doing tons of research looking at Sena, SPG and on I went with cheapest one of all LOL Snugg Distressed Brown. Purely of its simplicity, looks and its customer service is solid.

----------

I'm really, really pleased with my SurfacePad. I recommended it strongly.

I looked at that too but for some reason it just doesn't cover enough surface to protect the iPhone I've got back and front screen protectors.
What colour have you got?

----------

Here's my Portel pouch. Ordered off Etsy. It's perfect in every way.

Looking stellar, vintage brown is absolutely classic. How much was it?

johns019

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
I've been disappointed with all the wallet cases - I now have mine in a Saddleback Leather Passport Wallet. I can fit all I want into it as well as the phone. Still bulky, but I carry my wallet in my front pocket (advised to do so by my chiropractor). At least I only have to fit one item into my pocket.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
So the Marware Stash was a no go for me. It lifted my glass screen protector. Luckily I was able to press it down again to reattach it. So I ended up getting the BookBook by Twelve South. I love it. Only think that irks me is it won't stay closed. I also looked at The Little Pocket Book by Pad and Quill. I like how it has a strap on it to keep it closed. I might try to find a way to get my girlfriend to sow something similar to that on my bookbook to keep it closed. What do you guys think I should use to keep it closed?

amazingamy

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Not for those who don't want to read thru the thread

I browsed through the thread already. I didnt see any pictures of an iphone with bumper case that fits IN a WALLET case!
sleeves yes, I can find some that fits.
But I have no way of knowing if my iphone w/ a bumper will fit in wallet cases just from pictures.
I ordered a wallet case but it is way too tight to fit a bumper in there too..

SoLongAndroid

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
I can't for the life of me find what thread it was posted in or what the name of it was and if it was even on this site.

There was a leather flip case that used a sticky adhesive but the difference is that it was reversed compared to most wallet style cases. The phone was on the left panel and it opened left to right.

It was a veggie leather meaning it looked yellow/natural with no stain. Someone posted pictures but I can't find it, any help would be great.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
I can't for the life of me find what thread it was posted in or what the name of it was and if it was even on this site.

There was a leather flip case that used a sticky adhesive but the difference is that it was reversed compared to most wallet style cases. The phone was on the left panel and it opened left to right.

It was a veggie leather meaning it looked yellow/natural with no stain. Someone posted pictures but I can't find it, any help would be great.

I think it's a Castello Davarg Kanam5 case that you are describing:

http://davarg.com/collections/cases-for-iphone-5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.